Chapter 10 - The Lab

*Third Person POV*

The sun was glistening as it began to rise that morning. It bathed the town in its bright yellow hues. It was just early morning, and so the sun was just beginning to peak through the windows of the residents sleeping, humans and vampires. Its warmth already radiated throughout the town even at its low hight, the weather today must be sweltering. The sun seemed to specifically wish to wake one girl in the town as it glowed through her window, shining brightly on her face. Her long blonde hair seemed golden in its light.

*Claires POV*

I woke up to the sun in my eyes, I must have no closed my curtains last night. I reached across to my bedside table and hit my hand about until I grabbed my phone. I pulled it closer to my face as I checked the time, its was only 6am! I sighed dramatically then got out of bed. I walked to my wardrobe and decided what to wear for the day. I pondered my outfit for awhile but eventually settled on a baby pink high waisted mini skirt and and white bandeau top. I pulled out some underwear and left it all on my bed as a grabbed a towel and headed for the bathroom. I walked in and turned on the shower, washing my hair thoroughly. I finished my shower, got out, dried off and got dressed. I paired my outfit with some white strappy stilettos and gold hoop earrings. I also put on a gold necklace with a little planet on it, so cute! I brushed through my hair and dried it and curled it. I did basic makeup, just some lashes and brows. Then I flicked my hair in the mirror and smiled at myself.

I walked into my kitchen and made myself breakfast, a couple slices of toast and some fruit. After finishing, I realised that I really had no plans today. I decided to see what everyone else was up to, maybe I could get into the Lab with Myrnin? I'd ask! I washed up my plate and ran up the stairs, yes in heels! I grabbed my phone and scrolled through the notifications, nothing interesting really. I then texted Myrnin,

"Hey Myrnin! What are you up to today?"

I walked downstairs with my phone and sat in front of the TV, I put on Netflix and let it run in the background as I scrolled through insta. A couple minutes later my phone pinged with a message, it was Myrnin,

"I'm just running some experiments to see if I can update Frank to be able to control the borders better, I presume that you asking what I was 'up to' is your way of stating you are currently unoccupied and looking for an activity?"

Damn, he really is a genius! I laughed lightly as I texted him back,

"Maybeeee"

"Please Claire, use correct English! But of course you are welcome at the Lab at any time of any day my dear!"

I smiled brightly, even with just a text he could make me smile. I ran up to my room and pulled out an adorable baby pink handbag that matched my skirt perfectly, I put my phone in and a couple other bits, including a spare outfit just incase. (Just some jeans and a T-shirt) and I threw my purse in too. I then immediately left and decided the weather was great, I chose to walk there today. I saw no one on my way, after all it was only 6.45am. I wasn't surprised that Myrnin was up, in fact I doubted he had even slept. I smiled as I remembered the way with ease, seven after 3 years away. I passed the Day house and, out of instinct, waved up as I passed it. I then got to the alley. I smiled so brightly I was shocked I didn't burst as I headed down. I reached the door, it hadn't changed at all and still needed to be replaced. I opened it and closed it behind me as I walked down the steps.

I breathed in deeply and tears sprung to my eyes. This felt like home, here in the lab. I walked down the old, rickety stairs, not risking standing on them for too long. I looked around and nothing at all had changed. I saw the lab table that was always my favourite and tears were now so much harder to hold back. He hadn't moved a single thing since I left. It was exactly them same experiment I had been working on before I left, in the identical places I left them. My lab coat way there to, splayed out how I had left it. My heart was heavy, I couldn't believe how sweet that was. I brushed the tears from my eyes and continued around the rest of the lab, re-examining it. Everything was the same but a bit messier since I wasn't here to clean!

I watched Myrnin come out of his bedroom and into the main area where he greeted me with a huge smile. I couldn't help it and ran straight to him and threw my arms around him, holding him close as I let my tears fall. He held me tightly to him and waited for me to stop crying. After about 10 minutes the tears cleared up and I took a step back and smiled lightly at him. His eyebrows were drawn together in concern. I apologised immediately but he stopped me, "Fy annwyl, what are the tears for?" I sighed and gestured toward my lab table, "It's exactly how I left it, not a single thing has been touched since I left, it all even has a layer of dust on it, you didn't touch it" Myrnin gave me a small, almost embarrassed smile as he replied, "You asked me not to touch it until you came back, obviously you were referring to your return the following day, but I knew you would come back my dear, and I left everything there so you could continue when you came back. I refused to ever believe you would leave me forever little bird." He said it so confidently yet so softly... I couldn't hold back the tears once more and let them flow down my cheeks, "Thank you, this.. this means the world Myrnin, honestly its the sweetest thing anyone's ever done for me... you waited 3 years for me, and you never gave up... you always trusted me... thank you Myrnin" He smiled kindly at me and wiped the tears from my eyes gently with his fingers.

We soon moved on from my tearful time to actual science. I was so nervous, I hadn't done any kind of scientific work in 3 years and now I was doing science with Myrnin? Uh oh. I took a calming, deep breath and put my bag down on my lab table. I put my lab coat on and walked to Myrnins favoured table. He explained how he was doing the changes and I was seriously shocked to find that I understood what he was talking about. We looked over the blueprints Myrnin had already drew up and I made some edits that would make it more efficient. We got through it rather quickly, I sometimes forgot what an amazing team me and Myrnin made. We were bestfriends and worked together so well! Myrnin smiled brightly and zoomed off somewhere, he was back in 10 seconds and  his hands were full of boxes of machine parts. He placed them on the floor and looked up at me with his perfect smile. Myrnin had many smiles, his fake ones, his crazy ones, his truly happy ones, his confident one, his smug ones, his silly ones, his kind ones, his vindictive ones, his downright vicious ones and his sciencey ones. His sciencey ones were always my favourites, them and his happy ones. Science was always what we did best together, and I don't think I could ever explain how thrilled I am that I can still do science with him.

A/N Please like and comment 💕

Word Count: 1373