𝒙𝒊𝒊. 𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒑𝒚 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒔

chapter twelvearrest warrants and creepy cars

chapter twelve
arrest warrants and creepy cars

     AFTER LAST NIGHTS events, the four decided the best way to lay low was to resume their everyday activities and hope the kooks would keep their mouths shut.

     "so what exactly was your thought process using your head?" jj questions pope. "i dunno man, i just kinda acted off instinct. like i was a cornered animal." the boy answers as the group continues to assist around the store.

     "hey pope, someone here to see you." heyward announced as none other than shoupe filed in  after him. the four exchanged glances, wondering if whether shoupe was here for topper's boat, the movie screen, or basically anything else they had done that summer so far.

     "evening, officer." pope greeted nervously. "i have an arrest warrant for felony destruction of property." pope turned to jj, seeing him shake his head and mouth 'deny, deny, deny' as heyward looked at the deputy confused.

     it appears the kooks didn't keep their mouths shut.

     "you're arresting him?" kiara gapes. "listen, whatever it is, he probably didn't do it." stella defends. the girls continued to berate shoupe as he handcuffed pope. he escorted the boy out with the trio still on his tail, jj pushing said cop out in anger.

     the whirlwind of voices all either defended the boy or wanted to know what was happening. the deputy proceeded to read pope his rights, heightening the stress of the situation.

     kiara and stella continued shouting as jj finally stopped harassing shoupe. the trio watched as pope was brought over to the car, merit scholarship about to go down the drain. that is, until jj's outburst.

     "it wasn't him!" the blond shouts, bringing all attention to him. "it was me."

     the pogues looked over at the boy, knowing full well he was lying to protect pope. the three looked over at each other, equally confused as to what he was doing. stella began to walk over and ask but was pulled back by kiaras hold on her arm, the latter lightly shaking her head.

     "he tried to talk me out of it, but i was just mad because he'd just been beaten up. i was so sick of those assholes from figure eight that i lost my shit." jj stated as he walked up to pope and shoupe. "i can't let you take the blame for somethin' i did, you got too much to lose."

     "jj, what are you doing?" pope asked, trying to prevent the situation from further complication. "i'm telling the truth. for once in my goddamn life, i'm gonna tall the truth."

     shoupe looked between the two, not believing the blond. "i took his old man's boat too."

     "what the hell?" heyward spoke. pope was still against his friend to take the fall for his actions. "jj, come on," the boy pleaded.