𝒊𝒊. 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒃𝒙 𝒗𝒔 𝒉𝒖𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒏𝒆 𝒂𝒈𝒈𝒊𝒆

chapter twothe obx vs hurricane aggie

chapter two
the obx vs hurricane aggie

      JOHN B WAS walking through his house greeting all of his friends who were wiped out from the party the night prior.

      walking out of the bathroom, he turns to see jj and a random blonde making out on his bed. "dude, come on man. get outta here." he says as john b pulls the door shut. walking over to the kitchen, he greets the two girls sleeping in the living area. "morning kie, morning stella." and turns to put his photo frames back on his wall. kie mumbled a "morning." while stella groaned and pulled the covers over her head.

     she was not a morning person. especially when hungover.

     john b picked up a beer bottle and gave a cheers to a photo of his uncle t before walking back in the kitchen and cracking open a new one. walking outside, he fist-bumped pope and made his way to the front yard to lie on the hammock.

      not long after, stella came walking out of the house and towards john b's hammock. "hey jb, i'm gonna go home for a little. i haven't been home in a couple days and my brother is probably wondering where i am. i'll be back later though." the boy nodded and waved her goodbye.

——

      stella hated walking long distances. luckily for her, her house was only a few minutes away from john b's.

     walking into her house, stella found her brother making breakfast for himself in the kitchen. "where have you been for the past few days?" he asked with mild concern in his voice.

     cassian jade was stella's older brother. remaining brother. their parents had fallen out of love a few years after stella was born; totally unrelated events, and used their children as the reasoning for staying together the following years. after her younger older brother, died of a drug overdose at 16 a few years back, they fought in a way that led to stella's dad walking out on them, not wanting to live in the same house as the woman who hated him and hadn't been seen since. stella's mom was mainly pissed at her dad because it had been his drugs that got her brother hooked.

     seeing as their mother's job as a mainland lawyer kept her away anyways, it wasn't a surprise their parents split. so as of now, she pretty much only lived with her brother.

     "don't worry i was fine. i slept over at john b's." stella said as she walked over to her room to grab some things. cassian raised an eyebrow and looked in her direction. "were you going to tell me or was i just supposed to figure that out myself?"

     ignoring him, she walked in her room and grabbed a few items off the dresser and some clean clothes  from the the closet and stuffed them in her backpack. "i'm going back to jb's but i'll be back maybe tomorrow." stella said as she walked over to hug her brother.

      "yeah ok, but be safe, there's supposed to be a hurricane." cassian said as he hugged back and went back to his breakfast. stella nodded and started to make her way out the door. she made her way down to her friends house before the hurricane, as the clouds were already getting darker.

     by the time stella made it to john b's house, it had started raining and she was exhausted. standing on his porch, she could see the angry waves crashing loudly against the beach. in the distance, she saw two blurry figures standing on the beach with surfboards. one of them running down to the water's edge and swimming up to the waves.

      she squinted at the ocean, and realized it was john b and pope. "fuck, they're gonna die." stella muttered as she walked into the château, hoping they would be okay.

      walking into the house, she called out for jj to see if he was here yet. upon receiving no response, she assumed he wasn't here. she flopped down onto the pullout couch in the front room, and lightly pulled up the nearest blanket, immediately falling fast asleep.

      a little while after, jj made his way over to john b's château. seeing stella asleep on the pullout, he lay down next to her and pulled up the blanket. feeling the bed sink down, she reflexively moved closer to him. the boy concluded it was probably instinctual and fell asleep to the sound of rain and thunder.

——

     john b woke up the next morning to water dripping down on his face. he sat up to check his phone and flick the light switches only to discover there was no power or cell service.

      he made his way over to the front door, passing two of best friends who were still asleep on the pullout couch. "yo stella, jj have you guys been outside yet?" he asked the two who were tangled up in their shared blanket. he looked through the door to see the damage and lightly slapped jj's leg, knowing he was probably deep asleep. "i have polio bro, i can't walk." mumbled a half asleep jj.

     stella woke up not long after john b went outside and grabbed the nearest shirt to put on over her tank top, which happened to belong to john b. rolling off the couch she nudged jj to wake up. "let's go, sleepy head." stella whispered as she lightly tapped his arm.

      walking outside, stella saw john b pulling fallen branches out of the hms pogue. "agatha did some work, huh?" jj said, sneaking up behind stella.

     "yeah she did." john b said. "is that my shirt?" jj asked stella. she only shrugged. "mm, no." jj looked confused. "whose is it?" he asked. "it's john b's." stella answers, watching for his reaction through the corner of her eye. "oh." jj muttered as he clenched his jaw and took a sip of the can in hand.

     the blond let out a burp after sipping the beer. "ew, jj" stella said as she lightly pushed him.

     the pair walked over to where john b was cleaning out the boat. "whatcha thinking?" jj asked, as he picked up a leafy branch and began to poke stella with it. john b continued clearing out the debris. "i'm thinking that storm surge pushed ask the crabs out into the marsh maze." john b explained. "and all the drum are gonna chase the crab— hey stop it." stella added as she smacked away the branch. jj thought for a moment. "wait, what about DCS? wasn't that today?"

     john b looked out to the ocean before picking up a branch. "nah, they're not getting on a ferry. come on, think about it, it's god telling us to fish!"

CALLISTA  SPEAKS !! ☆彡
hey guys!
i hope all of you
are staying safe
and healthy! <33
pls vote and comment :))