Chapter- 3

Shanice pretty much kept her distance from just about all of the men like the plague, except those she worked closely with. After all, Expedex, Inc. was her career, not her family. She worked—and worked damn hard—for a company that held more than one-third of the market share in shipping international goods. But just because she kept herself buried in her duties didn't mean she was blind. The man was a god and a half.
Even as tired and distraught as she was, Shanice couldn't help but notice the trim, broad-shouldered delight was all suited up in a dark grey double-breasted affair with a black shirt and classic striking tie. The suit matched a pair of sparkling eyes, grey as the sky during a spring rain, and shielded by long dark lashes a woman would die for. Midnight black, tastefully cut hair had a hint of wave in it, and his skin held a healthy glow like he'd spent just the perfect amount of time in the sun. Whew, goodness! Too young for anything other than gobbling him up with her eyes, he no doubts ranked high up in the uber-scorching-hottie department.
Then Shanice's head tilted as a thought flew out of the right field and hit her right in the temple—what the hell was Massimo doing here on a Monday morning rather than at the office? But there was no time to dwell on it. Instead, she blinked in awe when the unexpected lawyer spoke up and pretty much took it from there. She hoped he knew the law as well as he dressed. If so, she'd be out of here in an hour.
And if not? No, she wouldn't think about that.
All she had to do was keep her awkwardness at being bailed out by a co-worker in check long enough to get the hell out of dodge. Wait a minute, if Massimo knew she was here, yet the man was nowhere near that club where she'd been busted last night... Oh god. Somebody else had to have spilt the beans on her. Embarrassment morphed into mortification. Her face heated to an alarming degree. Oh my god. Please, just get me out of here fast.