Chapter- 25

"The kind of women I'm usually seen with? What do you mean, Charli?"
"I mean they're usually petite little perky blondes several years younger than the both of us. And my sister is anything but. I wasn't sure you were serious before."
"And now?" he asked, carefully, guarded.
"You've been bugging the hell out of me since you started working at the same company as her. All you talk about when we get together is Shanice. You ask about her. Wonder about her. Guess about her. And it seems you haven't dated in a while. So I figured perhaps you were really serious."
"Hell, now that I see her all the time, all I can think about is her. I know she's not the type of woman I usually date, but I don't give a shit. I want her."
"For how long?" Charli asked pointedly.
"As long as she'll have me. The problem is getting her to the "have me" stage. I had to trick her into letting me stick around. Now I've got to figure out a way to keep her."
"Why her, Massimo? I mean, why Shan? And if you tell me you've got a sudden thing for black women I'm going to kick your ass," Charli quipped.
"Everything about Shan, Charli." With that, heedless of the pins stuck in various places of his pants, he stepped down off the tailoring block and sat down in the nearest chair. Charli didn't think she'd ever seen Massimo look more intense. Not even when they took the bar exam together.
"Charli, I swear, this isn't a simple fling for me. I'm old enough to know when someone has snagged my attention. Shanice not only snags it, but she also holds it. It was bad enough when I saw her at various functions with you. But now that I see her every day I find myself trying to run into her just so I can see her smile. To watch her walk. To hear her talk. To hear her speak with such confidence to her peers, then listen to her crack a corny joke and show her non-executive side. I don't even care which direction she's going and I'm trying to find a reason to follow her there. Her skin is perfect, flawless, and smooth like Dove chocolate. Her hair is always pulled up into a classy knot on top of her head. I'd love to take it down and roll her long locks around my wrist and...ouch!"
Charli stuck him with a pin. "Okay, okay! More information than I needed to know, damn it!" she interrupted with a loud hearty laugh. "Now get your butt back up on the block so I can finish these pants and go take a cold shower."
Massimo rubbed his thigh where she'd poked him, then hopped back up on the tailoring block.
"So where are you two going for your first dinner date?" Charli inquired. "The Blue Ginger."
"Oooh, smart man. Nothing like Japanese gourmet to charm my sister."
"Then we'll take a little walk in the arboretum under the moonlight. Hell, I've even checked the weather to make sure it'll be clear skies. And this time I managed to talk her into letting me pick her up."
"Why?" Charli wondered aloud.
"Because then I'll have to take her home. She'll either kiss me at the door or let me in to play."
They shared conspiratorial grins when Charli said, "You are a bad boy, Massimo, and you don't play fair."
"Yeah I am, and no I don't."