Chapter 3

20 years later

Brahms listened as his mother read a poem to his doll counterpart. It had been a long, hard, and tiring journey, but he finally got his parents to be the typical loving, doting guardians he longed for them to be. He finally figured it out. All he had to do was make deals. Want some, give some.

The poetry his mother is reading to him is good. He likes this new addition to his schedule. But it comes with a price. After 20 years, he finally agreed to let his parents hire him a nanny. However, the odds seems to still be in his favor, for every nanny they hire runs away as soon as they introduce the doll "Brahms" to them. They think his parents were nuts.

There is going to be another attempt at hiring a nanny today. A 25 year-old Miss Isabelle Williams. Brahms finds it funny how she was their 25th attempt as well.

The doorbell ringing interrupted Mrs. Heelshire's narration.

"Must be the new nanny." she mumbles. "You will behave, won't you, Brahmsy?" Not waiting for a reply, Mrs. Heelshire gently rose and leaves the room to welcome the new nanny.

"Please stay. Please stay." She quietly chants as she opens the door.

Meanwhile, Brahms stood between the walls as he watched his mother let the new nanny in. She was more beautiful than he expected. She has a very angelic face, and a small, petite frame. She gives off an innocent child-like aura but Brahms will not be easily fooled.

"I bet she's snotty." Brahms mumbles to himself.

He follows them as his mother leads the girl to where they left the doll. As they walk, Mrs. Heelshire discussed her salary and he watched as her eyes lit up when she heard about the hefty amount of money she will be receiving. Brahms snorts to himself.

Mr. Heelshire appeared just as they were about to reach the stairs.

"Ms. Williams, meet my husband. This is Mr. Heelshire. Mr. Heelshire, Mrs. Williams." Mr. Heelshire firmly shook Isabelle's hand.

"Hello, Mr. Heelshire." she greets.

"Hello there. My wife and I are very happy to have you here. We need a new nanny for our son."

Isabelle felt the couple's urgency to hire a nanny, and she wondered if that was the reason why they were willing to pay her so handsomely.

They finally arrived to a closed door where apparently, little Brahms was already waiting for her.

"Alright, I think it's now time for you to meet Brahms." Mrs. Heelshire announced as she opens the door.

Isabelle expected a little boy to greet them, but there was none. The room is empty. Just as she was about to ask, Mrs. Heelshire walked forward and gently knelt beside a porcelain doll. 

Mrs. Heelshire stared at the doll for a while before turning to her. "Brahms, meet your new nanny."