Chapter 22

It was a  cloudy day, when a small black car arrived in front of the Heelshire mansion. "We're here, sir." the driver announced as he stopped the car in front of the old house.

An old man alighted from the vehicle, surveying the looming property with his eyes. It has been two decades since he had stepped foot in this area. 

Surrounded by large and thick trees, the house, despite looking old and outdated, is obviously well-kept. The dry leaves are swept, and the grass is trimmed. There is smoke coming from the chimney and warm lights coming from the first floor of the house.

The driver rang the doorbell and stood by the old man's side with his hands clasped behind his back.

Memories of the past flooded him as he waits for a Ms. Williams to let them in. Anger, disappointment, and despair are all he could feel at the moment. How could he let this happen? How could he not know what is happening right under his nose?

Eventually, a petite young woman in her mid-20s opened the gates.

"Hello. What can I do for you?"

"Ms. Williams?"

"Yes?"

The old man took off his hat and offered his hand for Ms. Williams to shake. "I am Fredrick Valentia, grandfather of Brahms Heelshire."