Chapter 13

Isabelle fell to the ground. The metal rod hit her head, immediately making her head spin.

"Jackson! Look what we have here." the unknown man called. Another man approached them and crouched above her.

"My, my. What a pretty little thing we got here." he cooed as he brushed his hand against the side of her body.

"Who are you?" Isabelle gasped. Her head is hurting from the impact, and the rain is pelting against her face, making it hard for her to breathe.

"The house is empty, I checked. She's alone." the man who hit her snickered, ignoring her question.

"How convenient" the man called Jackson purred, slowly running his hands on Isabelle's leg, pushing her dress as he go.

She mentally berated herself for choosing to wear a dress today, of all days.

"Don't touch me." she yelled as she tried to swat his hands away.

Suddenly, Jackson was abruptly pushed away from her. There, standing on his place is none other than...Brahms.

"How dare you put your hands on my Isabelle!" he yelled. The other man tried to hit him with the rod as well, but Brahms turned and caught it. Jackson, however, managed to get up and attack him from behind.

"No! Leave him alone!" Isabelle shouted. She looked around, trying to find something she could use to help him, but the rain combined with the foggy feeling in her head is making it hard for her to see anything.

Brahms tried to fight the both of them at the same time, and he managed to do so quite well, considering his lack of fighting experience. However, he is still at a disadvantage. There were two of them and only one of him. One of them finally managed to hit him right on his face, knocking his mask off. He swung a punch in return, hitting the intruder right on his throat. The other intruder swung and hit him right on his eye, causing Brahms to lose his balance. He took this opportunity to kick Brahms on his mouth, causing his lip to bleed. The intruder was about to go for another kick when he was hit by a rod, knocking him out.

Isabelle just got a hold of the rod he used to hit her.

The Jackson guy recovered and tried to escape, but Brahms got a hold of him and put him on a chokehold, cutting off his air supply. It did not take long for him to lose consciousness.

When he felt the man go limp, Brahms let go of him and turned to Isabelle. He looked at her from head to toe, making sure that she wasn't badly hurt. When he's satisfied that she's fine apart from the swelling on her head, he ordered her to go inside.

Isabelle, who doesn't know what to make of what just happened, blindly obeyed.