Chapter 1: Bullied

I officially realized life hates me.

I have the worst luck on the entire planet, and no one can tell me otherwise until i can fly. Im on the ground in the school hallway, scared shitless, surrounded by people who are not very fond of me, or my sexuality for that matter.

"Look guys, the fag is scared!" how I hate that word.

The one who said that was Colten, he has allways made fun of me for what I was into. Rather it be a movie, or even how I dressed. He would find a way to say it made me less of a man.

"Co-come on guys let me off just this once, my dad'll be home today.." I was crossing my fingers.

My dads never really home. He's been at work most of the time since mom died 5 years ago, to keep himself busy. He's coming home earlier today to spend time with me, and I don't want the first time we see each other, in a while to have a black eye, or worse.

"Hahahaha" they laugh. What should I have expected.

"You are a funny one Valdick." Thats clearly not my name it's actually Val, short for VallesDeVonta yaaa a tongue twister. Don't know what the hell it means but my father said it's from where my mother was born, which he won't tell me where.

"Pick him up boys!" Colten told two out of his three minions.

They both grabbed one of my arms and held me In place. I didn't even try to break free, they are way stronger then me and if I do it will only make the beating worse.

Colten walks closer to me and smiles, He grabs my neck and starts to choke me. I was about to pass out but he let go, and punched me in my left eye, and then In my stomach. I wanted to throw up as he kept landing punches all over my body.

When he felt like he was done they let me go. I was dropped to the floor and rolled myself into a ball.

"Have fun on your dad date fag". Colten said, and spat on me and kicked me in the gut one last time. The bell rang and they walked away.

People started to pour out of the classrooms, but no one gave me the time of day, Not even the teachers. This was because they knew Colten did it, and he was the Mayor's son, so no one dared to mess with him.

I assumed I was passed out, because I just woke up in the nurses office. Both of my eyes hurt so bad, and I could barely open them. My head was ringing, and the light was super bright. I tryed to sit up but was immediately pushed down by small wrinkly hands. I looked to see who the hands belong to, and they were the nurses.

"Don't you move now, you need to rest until you father comes to get you." Oh no

"You called him already?", what time is it anyway. I look around and it reads 3:30. I've been out for 3 hours?!

"Yes he should arrive shortly." She got up from the seat next to my bed, and walked out the door. I close my eyes to dose off for a little.

I open my eyes to see a woman. "Hello?" I'm not in the nurses room anymore, but I don't recognize where I am either. "Wh-who are you??"I walk closer to her, and try to reach her, but she's not responding. She turns around, and walks towards a tower that I only just noticed was there. I can barely see with all this thick dense fog lingering in the air.

"Hey.. Heyy wait up!" I run in after her but she's no where in sight, there's just a glowing ball on a table in the middle of what seem to be some sort of library. I go closer to it. I'm right in front of it and I'm looking around the room.

It kinda looks like a library only gigantic. I look back down to the table, and there's a book instead of just a light. But I can't read it?, I reach out to touch it.

I gasp as I jolt awake. I'm all sweaty and I'm trying to regulate my breathing , and regain all consciousness. My breathing calms down and I look back up at the clock. Its...I-I can't read it.

I look around the nurses office and it's completely dark I can barely see in front of me.

'Whsss shhh shhhh' i move in the opposite direction of the whispers. "Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god." What do I do?

I get off the bed.

I gasp as I jolt awake once more. I look at the clock, it's only been 20 minutes since I fell back to sleep. There's like no way.

I look around and everything's normal. My head, eyes and body don't ache anymore. What's going on.

In that moment my dad enters the room with the nurse trailing behind him.

"I thought you said he was in really bad condition?." My father said confused looking at me.

"He is-". she gasped as she looked at me. She rushs over to the bed and takes my face in her hands
"h-how". she looks terrified. She lets go of my face and walks over to the computer.

My father walks over to me, and gives me a hug.

"Im so glad your ok yiós". I hug him back and nod my head. "Me too". We let go as the nurses calls us over.

"Look this is how he looked when he first got brought here". She shows us a picture of what my face, and body looked like. My father looked away because of how gorry it was. I had two black eyes and cuts and bruises all up my neck, down my arms, and stomach.

"Oh my..." was all I could get out. She closed the computer and pulled a mirror to my face. I looked at it in complete shock there's no way this could have happed in only 20 minutes.

"I- there has to be some sort of misunderstanding or, or something". My eye brows scrunch up in confusion, and I bring my hands to my hair. "There's no way I can heal that fast!". I was pacing back and forth at this point.

I look over to my dad, and he looks like he knows something, so does the nurse.

"Wha-what is it?". They look at each other and then back at me.

"Son there's something i have to tell you."