I Like Him, She Likes Him Too | S.T.

Requested by: @jules_bby - I'm sorry this took so long 😅

A/N: Please forgive me for I have no experience in skateboarding

"So, where you heading in such a hurry?" You asked your younger sister, Stacey, as she bounded down the stairs and headed straight to the door.

"To a friend's house." She replied, "For a club meeting."

"Is this the babysitting club?" You asked, looking up from your book.

She nodded, "Yeah. Can I go now? Kristy doesn't like it when we're late."

"Just be careful." You said, going back to your book as Stacey shut the door behind her.

An hour later, a knock could be heard on the door, knowing who it was - you immediately stood up and opened it.

"Hey Sam." You greeted the boy who was standing in front of you.

"Hey." He said with a small smile, one hand running through his hair while the other held on to his skateboard, "You ready?"

You nodded, tucking a stray piece of hair behind your ear, "Yep."

The two of you headed to the park, where Sam would be giving you lessons on how to ride a skateboard.

"The important thing." He started to explain, "Is that you keep your balance. Don't want to get you hurt, but I'll be here to catch you if you fall."

You felt your cheeks heat up, hoping that he wouldn't notice, "Ever so cheeky are you Thomas?"

He just smiled and winked at you, "Only for you McGill."

You stepped onto the skateboard, trying your best to keep your balance and not wobble too much.

His hands gripped your waist to keep you from falling as you stood on the skateboard, "You ready?"

You nodded, trying to ignore the butterflies that rose up in your stomach by the mere fact of where Sam's hands were.

After what seemed like hours of falling down and having Sam in hysterical fits of laughter - you had finally gotten the hang of it.

"I'm doing it Sam!" You happily yell as the skateboard took your farther and farther away from him, "I'm doing it!"

A grin was adorned his face as he yelled, "That's my girl!"

Stacey came back from her club meeting and immediately ran upstairs and plopped down on your bed, "Sis! I have wonderful news!"

You looked up from your copy of The Fault in our Stars, "Then what are you waiting for? Spill the tea!"

"I have a crush." She confessed, causing the two of you to squeal.

"What're you waiting for?" You urged her to tell you more, "Who is he?"

Her answer caused a wave of disappointment to wash over you,

"Sam Thomas."

You figured that you could set aside your feelings for Kristy Thomas' older brother for the sake of your sister. Right?

Wrong.

No matter what you did, Sam would constantly run circles around your mind.

But Stacey didn't know, wouldn't hurt her right?

"Are you okay Y/N?" Sam asked, pulling you out of your train of thought.

You nodded, feeling the heat rise up to your cheeks, "Yeah. Were you saying something?"

He shrugged, shoving his hands into the pockets of his jeans, "I was just saying that it would be wonderful if you were my girlfriend."

It took a full minute to absorb what he just said, causing you to stop in your tracks, "What?!"

Sam gave a sheepish smile, "I can't hide my feelings for you anymore. So, will you give me the pleasure of being your boyfriend?"

You thought about Stacey. She would feel betrayed if she knew about this. But, you had recalled that a few days ago - she had sent you a text telling you about a handsome life guard she met on the beach with Mary Anne.

So, why would you deny yourself of this simple pleasure?

You leaned forward and pressed a brief kiss to Sam's lips, "I would love to."