•1•

Anastasia Katrina Petrova
Pov

It had been a month of hell and suffering ; all I have done is the same thing every day just repeating everything over and over again

It had been a month of hell and suffering ; all I have done is the same thing every day just repeating everything over and over again. Some girls were taken by that man observing our shooting class some girls have been shot and the ones left are one step from being sent out on missions.

That was all I wanted to be sent out to leave this hell hole and help to take it down.

After waking up eating our rations and doing our first class which was hand to hand combat today, I was taken up to Madame B's office by a soldier who tugged at my suit and I didn't want that so I fought him and told him "I can walk on my own, thank you" and he let me go however I did get a slap around the face.

Inside the office it was filled with photos of old widows who they must want eliminated so there is no threat to the red room, so they can continue their torture on young kids for years.

In the faces of the widows two caught my eye, it was Natalia and Yelena I stared at them wondering what it was like to be free to have your own life.

I was raised to be loyal to the red room until now...I want out.

Madame B called me over to sit in front of her and I did I sat in the chair and had a blank stare on my face, she ripped all emotions out of us or at least did not want to see any emotions from us, if any were shown they tortured them out of us. Madame stood up and began walking towards the photos and I knew immediately in my head that I was being sent out on a mission. I couldn't tell if I was happy and proud to represent the red room however I shook that feeling because I knew it was just what I had been programmed to feel. "I have chosen you and only you from your class with this task" Madame began "you are the only one to have the skills and ability to eliminate these two ladies who betrayed the prestigious red room and I want them gone, understand" I nodded to afraid to speak. Madame picked up two photos and handed them to me along with files and told me "You have a week then you are going to Budapest" I turned over the photo and my heart jumped with joy but also trembled with fear.

I was going to fight Natalia Romanova and Yelena Belova two of the best trained widows and both being over 10 years older than me, but on the flip side they can get me out of the red room they know how to help ex-widows rehabilitate into society "of you go, go help with the new girls" Madame spat as she ushered me away "don't forget Anastasia your graduation ceremony will be the day before you leave" Madame reminded me, and I walked swiftly with the guard to the atrium of the building to find little girls crying and being torn away from each other.

Flashbacks bought me back to that day, the one that changed my life. I was 3 and I thought the person I called my father was just letting a family friend hold me but no all I remember then was feeling a stab in my neck and I passed out until I woke up in what I remember to be some sort of shipping container and I saw around 100 other girls. The next thing I knew we were being forced into the atrium where the older girls were helping us and I do remember some girls just trying to be nice and make us feel happy but some of the girls wouldn't and just wanted their parents and cried and they were killed in the first 48 hours in the Red Room. I had experienced seeing 20 people killed and I was only 3. We were told of our year group ,as they called it, of just under 200 girls only around 50 would go onto missions as widows.  It made me realise I have a new life ahead of me. Little did i know it was to be one of pain, suffering and torture.

Sofia saw me getting flashbacks and tapped me on my shoulder and took me back to real time where I saw a few girls but I turned off my emotions and just helped the girls to their rooms because I was to be leaving in a week for Budapest where I am planning on finding Natalia and Yelena and getting them to help me take down the Red Room.

After a long day I stayed up and read through files to get to know my mission and I started planning. I quickly realised if I wanted to go on this mission and get out of here, I had to complete graduation I was going to have a forced hysterectomy I will lose all my rights to having a child in my future.

"I'm only 15" I whispered to myself