•6•

Anastasia Katrina Petrova
Pov

Anastasia Katrina Petrova Pov

WEEK TIME SKIP

Over the past week I had stayed with Natalia and Yelena because if I went back to the safe house, I was provided with by Madame B, Draykov would know that I had failed in killing them and all three of u would be wanted, so either way all three of us were wanted I thought to myself. Over the week I had lived with them they showed me what a slightly normal life was like and what I could do, I chose and bought my own clothes for once and I had a fun day exploring Budapest with the two of them. Other days we stayed back and watched films.

During the day Natalia, Yelena and I went walking around again and we came back exhausted and stayed up watching some Tv.

At around midnight we each went our separate ways to go to sleep and each of us did fall asleep however I ended up waking up at 4am in cold sweats remembering the torture I had been through, I began get up to go to the kitchen to get some water when I realised the sun was rising and I had never had the chance to admire that, I sat on the ledge of the window with a small ledge on it and sat and admired the golden rays of the sun giving bright colours to the clouds and mountains signifying the start of a new day and a new chance to be a better person.

I had a slight jump when I heard some footsteps behind me and snapped my head to the right quickly only to see Natalia stood in the doorway holding a glass of coffee I think, I've never tried it looks horrible though.

'Good morning, sleep well?' Natalia asked

'Yeah, kinda... well I woke up at 4 from a nightmare' I said quietly looking at the floor

'Natalia?' I say implying a question

'yeah' she said with a small smile form on her face

'When you left, why change your name?' I asked her

'I wanted to leave Russia behind in my past and look to my future in America and it was one of the first things I was able to have control of in my life. It was the same with Yelena however she bought an army surplus vest' she began

when Yelena interrupted her saying 'it has a lot of pockets'

'I like your vest Yelena' I said and she thanked me and looked at Natalia for what seemed like older sisters approval
'I like your vest' Natalia said and Yelena looked so proud of herself and said with excitement
'I knew it I knew you liked it, its so cool right' and Natalia let out a small chuckle

'Natalia?' I said with another question in mind

'Yeah darling' she said with a slightly bigger smile from last time

'Can I call you Natasha?' I asked her

She smiled like the best thing has ever happened to her though I had only known her for a week. 'of course, you can.'

That day was one where we stayed home and sat around chatting for a bit until when I was in the kitchen with Yelena, I saw red laser light scan the room quickly and I looked at Yelena with a look that we all knew, it was the one that said 'you know what is happening' we quickly ran to Nat in the living room who also saw the laser light and we all heard footsteps heading towards the door and we saw people begin to run into the apartment.

...

We had gotten out through a fire escape and all three of us were sprinting across the rooftops of Budapest when Yelena, who planned the route, took a left we followed and we slid down a long glass pane roof and two of the widows who I knew to be on the emerald squad chasing us down.

Natasha and Yelena made it to what looked like an industrial chimney and Yelena pulled the pin for it to tip and Natasha yelled

'JUMP'

to me so I did and I caught Natasha's arm and held it for dear life whilst we were swinging from one side to another.

I looked back and saw the two widows what looked like dead on the floor and I felt sad for them because though they were the enemy I still grew up looking up to them.
'Anastasia we need to get to an airstrip' Natasha said as she grabbed my hand so we could start running.

I looked behind us as Natasha was partially dragging me out of the building and said quietly

'We really were running from our pasts, praying they don't catch up to us.'