[Chapter 3]

Another week slowly passes by after your sister's death. You stare at the teacup in your hands.

"Oi! (Y/n), help out!" Touka says running from table to table with a tray with half full and half empty teacups.

"Alright! Give me a second!" You respond putting the teacup down and getting a handful of menus.

You take orders and fill them in while Touka takes a break.

"And you call me lazy." You tell her.

"You were just standing there staring at a cup."

"That cup looked very interesting." You state trying to defend yourself.

"Yup, just like the other 50." She says bluntly.

You serve a couple two iced coffees. "Here ya go!" You say placing the cups on the table.

"Thank you." The girl says smiling , while the boy just nods in response.

You smile back at the girl and nod at the boy.

You sit next to Touka on the counter. "Ugh! I'm so tired!" You exclaim.

"Not my fault. Here. " Touka says sliding your favorite coffee towards you.

"Thanks." You say sipping your coffee.
After about 15 minutes it becomes less busy and only you and Touka were in the cafe at the time.

"I hate it when it gets busy." You say flatly putting your head down.

"I know, but Boss seems okay with it." She says cleaning a tea cup.

You then hear the bell ring signaling another customer has entered.

You on your heel and say smiling, "Hello! How may I--" you get cut off to see Hide standing there with bags under his brown eyes.

"Hide, what happened? It looks like you haven't slept in days." You say approaching the boy.

"I haven't slept in days." He says staring at the floor with a blank expression.

"C'mon have a seat. I'll get you some coffee. " you say walking towards counter.

"Thanks, (y/n)..."

He sits by the counter with his head down. As you make his coffee you can see he's making an effort to stay awake.

"Here." You say sliding the coffee to him.

He silently takes the coffee and takes sip by sip.

"So tell me what happened. " you say leaning on the counter.

"I...I..." He begins trailing off.

"You...? What?" You say tilting your head to side.

"I encountered a ghoul." He says looking deep into his coffee.

You then remember that you meet Hide in Kaneki's apartment.

You gasp. "Are you hurt?"

He shakes his head. "She told me not to tell anyone, but I can trust you, right (y/n)?" He looks up at you. His brown eyes piercing your (e/c) eyes.

"Of course."

He looks back down at his coffee. "But it was strange though. She was at Kaneki's apartment." His expression became worried. "What if she's planning in killing him?!" He panics.

"Hey, calm down. Everything is going to be okay. "

He continues. "Or he might die of starvation. When I when to see him, the doctors said he wasn't eating. It worries me..." He finishes his coffee and pushes to the side.