Chapter 4

"Bayne, I don't know if this is a smart idea! Won't it be dangerous?" Laura said unsure of Bayne's common sense.
"Oh, of corse it'll be dangerous! That's the most interesting part. Are you not excited?"
Laura shook her head, "No, I'm not the adventurous type at all, but have you not ever thought of the possibility of the Queen finding us and killing us?"
"Oh yeah, that would definitely make sense. We shouldn't take the road," Bayne said scratching his head and looking confused, "Um... OH! We'll have to go through those woods over there to get to the castle of the Queen," he exclaimed.
"You mean to say that we will be going through the Forgotten Woods?! No way; you couldnt drag me there with the Queen's hunderds of horses!" Laura frustratedly yelled.
"Well, we'll have to just get thousands of the Queen's horses to drag you then. I'm leaving first thing in the morning with or without you; your choice," Bayne replied with a large yawn, "See you in the morning."
"Goodnight, Bayne," Laura said turning to leave.
***********************************
Last night when she had returned home, Laura had been vexed. This morning however, she couldn't help but to feel pity for Bayne. Since she was little, Laura, had been able to sense brokenness and bitterness inside people. Although he hid it well, Bayne's bitterness and utter brokenness shown through his cheeery cover.
As Laura packed for the journey that she had convinced herself to go on, she hummed a song to lift her spirits.
"Sounds lovely," a voice said from behind her.
Laura jumped, "Oh, Bayne! I didn't even see you there!"
"Looks as if you have decided to go with me I presume?" Bayne said leaning against the door frame with a sly smile on his face.
"Yes," Laura said quietly, but cleared her throat and said, "No, you are going wtih me. I am now taking charge of this journey since it is my brother who we are looking for! Now go pack your things and get ready to go within the hour. Meet here thirty minutes early; I'll have breakfast ready."
"Yes m'lady," was all Bayne said as he quickly turned to leave the small hut. "That girl has more motivation than I thought she did, and to think she is now the one giving the 'orders'." Bayne laughed so hard that he had to lean on his horse to keep him steady.
The time came, and Bayne removed his hat as he stepped into Laura's hut.
"Smells wonderful, m'lady. You've cooked up a storm."
"Thank you, Bayne," Laura replied matter of faculty.
They ate their meal in complete silence. When they finished, Bayne left to complete his packing. Laura cleaned up the breakfast dishes and washed them in the pale of water. The moment had finally come, and she was scared out of her wits.