Chapter 10

Bayne's mouth opened as if he waned to say something, but Laura cut him off short.
"What were you thinking? You were following her the whole time? And to think, I trusted you wholeheartedly. You want to know something, MR. I-RULE-THE-WORLD? The whole time we were in the woods, even if you didn't notice it I slowly let you become the leader, but it was, is, and always will be the worst mistake I have ever made! You're worse than the Queen because you acted out of-" Laura was interrupted by a raspy voice. It took her a second to figure out that it was Bayne.
"I acted out of cowardice. I can't explain what I did or why I did it, but it wasn't in vain. I was afraid to tell you this, Laura. As we were together in those woods for that short amount of time I began to like you more and more. You showed me courage beyond anything I've seen before. I really admire you, even if you don't believe me, I love you."
Laura, who was shocked by Bayne's words, leaned against the wall to help herself stand. Her mind was racing a thousand miles per hour and her heart was breaking. She looked up at Bayne with tears in her eyes, "How could you do this to me. Pretend to want to help me, save me from many bad situations, betray me, then make up a story about how you've loved me all along! Do you expect me to believe that? I have trusted you with everything I have and you helped the Queen kill HIM," Laura was yelling so hard now that the veins in her neck were popping out, "You have NO right to tell me that you love me! And if you think that I'm just going to fall at your feet begging you to come back to me, you're very, truly, and sadly mistaken! I am done following people who will always fail me! You helped me realize that, and now I am on my own; FOREVER!"

Sorry this was so short guys, but there will be more eventually!!! Thanks for reading. 😉😍 @maddierogers14