III

After the small dispute between them, they finally calmed down. Yet before Naoto could tell her what he learned, the first thing she wanted to do was to take a shower. After taking a quick shower, she went back to the room and sat back down.

"Here's what I've learnt from the second time leap." Naoto started. "While you were in the past, your body was in a dead like state." She was shock by the new information she was receiving. "So I was dead?!"

Naoto walked towards one of his white boards that had a chart on it. Grabbing a marker, he began to explain. "Your time leaping ability takes you back 12 years to the same day." On the board, was two arrows that were labeled 'past' and 'present'. "For example, if you went back to the past today, you'd end up at today from 12 years ago."

"If you stay a week in the past, then return to the present, one week will have passed as well." He circled the graph to prove his point. "In other words, if you go back for a week your consciousness will be also in the past for that long. Leaving an empty vessel."

"That's why I'm in a dead-like state." She concluded. "Yes. You'll time-leap from my room from now on." Naoto told her. Takemichi agreed. After all, she doesn't want to pass out in public. "Anyways, how did your mission from stopping Sano and Kisaki go?"

"I met Mikey." She answered. "Mikey?"

"Yea. That's Sano's nickname." Takemichi stood up from the bed and walked towards the detective. "Naoto I know he's a delinquent but he's not a bad guy." Naoto expression turned serious by what she had say.

"Why didn't you kill him?"

Huh? Takemichi was found dumbfounded by the aggressive suggestion. She awkwardly smiled as she didn't have a response for it. "The man who killed my sister is a good guy?! Did he deceive you in the past?!"

"No he—"

"Listen that Mikey is staining his hands with every crime possible! Not even the police can stop him! And shouldn't you be more careful who you trust?!"

He let out a breath as Takemichi was in front of him still. "I'd kill him with my own hands of I could." He said before slamming his fist on the board. Takemichi let out a sigh. She knew that he's angry about the death of Hina. But after seeing how Mikey acts, she couldn't help but doubt it was the same guy. "Naoto."

Naoto looked to see Takemichi having a serious expression. "Let meet up with Mikey." He immediately object the idea. Meeting up with his sister's killer? Why would he do that? Yet Takemichi didn't back down either. "Mikey is a trustworthy person. I want to hear it from himself why Toman changed."

Naoto let out a small scoff. I guess that trip to the past changed her. When Naoto first meet Takemichi, he wondered why his sister was friends with someone like her. Meek, indecisive and fragile. How can someone like her change the future. Guess people can really change. "Let's look for him together Naoto."

"Fine."

She was a little taken back. She thought that he would put up a fight. "I don't know what happen to you in the past, but you've certainly changed Takemichi." Takemichi still couldn't understand that. First Hina and now Naoto? "You think? How so?" She asked as she followed him to his office. "Jus a little bit."

"You're not fragile anymore."

Fragile? "Am I cooler now?" She genuinely ask, yet Naoto took it as her trying to be prideful. "No. Let's look for Mikey." He blandly told her as he sat on his chair facing the computer. "Am I stylish then?"

"You're pushing your luck." Naoto continued to research on his computer ignoring Takemichi. "However, Mikey is cautious in the extreme. Even the police can't catch him."