IV

This day was not going well.

After arriving at work while Naoto looked for clues, she got fired for taking a week off.

Looking at her bank records, she barely had money left. Its not even enough for rent. My only source of income is gone. She felt like crying. "How is a loser like me going to save Draken, Akkun and Hina if I can't even save myself."

"This is so depressing."

***

Deciding to visit Takeo first, she walked towards the familiar house. Knocking on the front door, she waited for the elder to open the door. She heard the lock from the door and saw it opening.

"Hey Mr. Takeo."

Standing in front of her was a small old man who had his wooden cane. "Takemichi! What a surprise!" Widening the door, he welcomed her in. "I'll make some tea."

"Thank you." After settling in, she sat down at the small table that had a tea set. "You haven't visit in a while. I was afraid something happen to you." If you count time traveling. "I'm sorry. I haven't had some free time to visit." She grabbed the small cup and brought it up to her lips. The familiar bittersweet taste was something she definitely needed.

She looked down at the cup while Takeo sat on the opposite side of the table. "Something on your mind?" He asked. "Yeah."

Takeo looked at her. Her eyes were gloomy while she only looked at the cup. Usually whenever she came over, she would enthusiastically tell him about her day and how she's been. Having a small sentimental smile form on his face, he asked her what's wrong.

"I'm just scared."

"I'm scared that I'll fail and won't be able to undo it." She started to tremble a little bit. "I-I...want to change it and see them happy again." Small tears began to form as she looked utterly defeated. Despite not knowing whom she's talking about, Takeo could see that they were special to her. "Then do so."

Gasping silently, Takemichi looked up to understand what he was saying. "If you want to change, then do so. How would you know you failed if you haven't tried?" He said as he took a sip from his own tea. "I have regrets too you know."

"Huh?" Over the years that she had knew him, he never talked about his personal life. Whenever she would try to get him to talk, he would always have a sad look on his face and avoid the topic. "I never got to say goodbye."

"If I could go back in time, I would want to say goodbye to them." Sending her a closed eye smile, he continued. "Takemichi. Remember to always try even if you know you can't win." Having new determination, she sent him a smile despite the tears running down her face.

"I will!"

***

After saying goodbye to Takeo, she walked towards Naoto's office. What if I told Hina too? Seeing as it worked in her favor about telling Naoto, she decide to consult with Naoto first. Arriving at the office, she went towards Naoto who was gathering information.

"Naoto what if I told Hina about it too? Like how I did with you?"

"No."

He immediately shot down the idea. "Huh? Why?" She asked as she settled down on the floor. "What if she gets the wrong idea? She'll think you're a weirdo." Feeling offended, she then proceeded to ask him why he believed her. "At that time I was interested in the paranormal. Otherwise I wouldn't believe you."

Takemichi flinched from Naoto's blunt response as she slumped onto the floor. So cruel. She thought as Naoto spun his chair to face her. "With Sendou dead, there's no way to contact Mikey. For you to save my sister, you'll have to go to the past and do something about Toman."