It was an accident

I've had this idea sitting in my drafts, and I've been trying to get out of writer's block so I decided to write it out.

Enjoy a ladrien one-shot

~~~~~~~~~~

Marinette had known for a while that Adrien had a crush on her superhero alter-ego. However, she never got the courage to interact with him like that. How could she? They were both famous. There was no way no one in Paris wouldn't notice. Rumors would start, and she'd be in the limelight more than she already was.

She was always careful when it came to separating Marinette and Ladybug, but when Adrien waved her over one night, she couldn't resist. 

Ladybug had been doing her nightly patrol when she passed by the Agreste mansion. She had stopped in a nearby roof to survey the area quickly. She was about to swing away when she heard her name. She turned to see Adrien standing in his room with the window open. 

She knew she should've just waved and gone on her merry way, but nope. How could she say no to those green eyes? 

Well, that inability to say no to him landed her here. Crying. In the school bathroom. Because she was pregnant. 

They had worn a condom, but clearly, it didn't work because here she was. She wasn't on birth control herself, so it's not like she had a backup to fall on.

Her period had been late, and her paranoia crept up. The dates matched up, but it couldn't be, right? She decided to buy a test and take it after school. She didn't want to do it at home since she'd get too nervous. 

She felt too embarrassed to go to Alya, so she did it on her own. She was grateful it was Friday afternoon. The school was practically empty, except for a few teachers and the only 2 Friday after-school clubs. The chances of someone seeing her were slim. 

Marinette stared at the positive pregnancy test, wide-eyed and pale.  How could she be so reckless? She was barely 18. She was just about to graduate high school. She got accepted into her dream university. She was a superhero! Her life was barely manageable as it was. 

Not only that, it was Adrien's baby. His father would kill him. Adrien would get into so much trouble if Gabriel found out. 

Marinette didn't know what to do. After crying for a while, she wiped her tears and put the test back in its box, electing to throw it in a dumpster outside the school. She felt numb. She needed a nap. Maybe even skip patrol that night. She had too much to think about, but her head hurt too much. 

She gathered her things and held the box close to her chest, holding it in a way the contents were hidden. Maybe this was all a dream? She'd wake up and laugh it off as a weird nightmare. Yeah, that was it. This wasn't real.

In her daze, Marinette didn't notice Adrien. He was standing outside, waiting for his ride. He'd stayed after school for his fencing class.

He noticed her and smiled, turning his body to face her and greet her. He opened his mouth to say something when she bumped into him. 

She stumbled back a few steps, and the box flew out of her hands. Adrien stumbled back a step and grabbed Marinette's wrist before she could fall back. Marinette came out of her daze and her eyes widened when she noticed it was him. 

"You ok, Marinette? You seemed pretty lost in thought," he spoke. He turned to look where the box landed and kneeled to pick it up.

"W-wait!" Marinette cried out. 

The box had opened, and the positive pregnancy test was sticking out. 

Adrien picked up the test before Marinette could stop him. His eyes widened as he realized what it was. He turned to look at her in shock, "Marinette, you're..."

Marinette burst into tears. She felt ashamed and embarrassed. Adrien now knew she was pregnant. Of course, she was going to tell him, but as Ladybug! Now he knew Marinette was pregnant.

She felt him wrap his arms around her and pull her into a hug. This only made her cry even more.

"D-did you just find out?" he asked. Marinette nodded. Adrien briefly wondered who the father was before deciding to shake the thought away.

"I'm sorry for finding out. I won't tell anyone, I promise." He pulled away, handing her back the box.

Marinette turned to look up at him. "Y-you won't?" she hiccuped.

Adrien shook his head, "Of course not, Marinette. You're my friend, I would never do that to you."

She smiled a little before Adrien pulled her in for another hug. She hugged back this time, sniffing.

"I take it Alya doesn't know either?"

She shook her head, "I just took the test. I wasn't planning on telling anyone yet..."

Adrien grimaced, "Sorry."

"It's ok, you didn't mean to, I trust you, Adrien."

Adrien's ride arrived and honked. Adrien turned to look before slowly letting go of Marinette. "Will you be ok?" he asked.

She nodded, "I-I think so."

"Well, you can always count on me, Mari. If you ever need to talk, I'm willing to hear. I'll support you whatever you decide."

Marinette blushed a little and her heart skipped a beat.

Adrien got in his car, waving goodbye to her before closing the door.

Marinette threw the box away in a nearby trashcan before going home.

She was beyond terrified as to what was going to happen next. Her conversation with Adrien made her feel better, however. Of course, he'd be supportive. It was Adrien. He was so sweet and understanding.

It pained her, however, to see him be so comforting towards her meanwhile he didn't know it was him that got her pregnant.

She made her way home. She walked past her parents, who only gave her a quick wave as the bakery was busy. She had just made it into her room before dropping her backpack and bursting into tears again. 

Tikki flew out, rushing to comfort Marinette. 

"Wh-what am I g-going to do?" she hiccuped. "How am I going to t-tell my parents? Can I even be Ladybug like this?"

"It wouldn't be wise..." Tikki replied somberly. 

Marinette's eyes widened, "Would I have to give up being Ladybug?"

Tikki shook her head, "Only temporarily. While the suits offer protection, they can only do so much. So, if you decide to go through the pregnancy, you'd have to temporarily pass the responsibility to someone else."

Marinette walked over to her chaise and sat down, burying her face in her hands. 

"How am I going to explain this Chat?" she cried. 

Marinette continued to cry, lying down before falling asleep from the emotional exhaustion. 

~~~~~~~~~~

I might write a second part, I have yet to decide the direction to take it in