Chapter 2 (I): Revolutionary Worth

There was a funeral shrine in the room with a portrait of Masaru's face framed on it. The rest of the Warriors of Hope, excluding Nagisa, who was standing behind them, were gathered together, praying. K̶a̶t̶s̶u̶m̴i̷ was standing next to Nagisa, staring silently at the picture since Monaca had told her to join earlier.

"May his soul rest in peace..." Monaca muttered.

They all started chanting with low voices, "Rest in peace, rest in peace..."

As if he's actually dead...

Monaca started crying. "*Sob*... I feel so bad for Daimon-kun... This is just too cruel..."

...Something's wrong with me...

"He always acted all big and was a perverted idiot, but... he was a pretty good person," Kotoko said sadly. "I remember the time he fixed the air conditioner and even the chairs and tables, too."

Jataro timidly spoke up. "Um... I was the one who did that..."

"...Anyway, he was a good person. Oh Lord God... why do the good ones always die first?"

Somehow... I feel bad... for Daimon-kun...

"I should have been the one to die," Jataro murmured. "Might as well. That's how it feels... Like you're actually trying to hide that you actually think I should have died, cuz no one likes me... But I agree with you. It would be much better for the hated one to die instead of the leader of the Warriors of Hope..."

Kotoko perked up at those words. "Ah, that reminds me! Daimon-kun was the leader, huh?"

"What are we going to do without our leader?" Monaca started crying again. "*Sob*, *sob* Oh, Daimon-kun!"

No... there's no way I feel sorry... I'm just imagining it.

I'm just imagining the feeling of sympathy towards these "things".

"Oh no, Monaca-chan is crying," Kotoko remarked. "If that's the case, then allow me to join you." She suddenly burst into tears, wailing, "Waaaaaaaaah! Oh, Daimon-kun! Why, why, why?! I wanted to play with youuu!"

"Ugh... if only I went first, Daimon-kun wouldn't have died." Jataro looked down, dejected. "I'm a useless loser..."

There's no way I'd feel bad for any of these kids... In the end, they're all just murderers.

"Hey now, it's not as if we're positive that Daimon is dead, right?" Nagisa spoke up amidst the crying and wailing.

Without turning her head, K̶a̶t̶s̶u̶m̴i̷'s gaze immediately shifted to him.

You're bringing that up?

"Waaah, even though he was so strong, so full of life..." Monaca continued crying, seemingly ignoring Nagisa's question, "Now he's just a chunk of meat!"

"Like I said... according to the Monokuma Kids' report, they didn't say he was dead," Nagisa continued. "The report indicated that he was captured by adults and his status is unknown."

Monaca suddenly stopped crying unnervingly quickly. "But 'unknown' just means he's dead, right?"

"...Huh?"

She said, turning around to face Nagisa, the other two following suit, "On those talk shows back then, hearing status 'unknown' or unconscious'... You know they're probably going to die anyway. That's what Monaca always thought, anyway."

Nagisa started to look slightly nervous. "But, even so... if we didn't actually confirm it ourselves..."

Pressing Monaca-chan isn't going to end well...