Chapter 4 (II): Methodology

Please stop.

"You really are hopeless... failing like this," K̶a̶t̶s̶u̶m̴i̷ said as she walked forward, taking out another scalpel, twirling it in between her fingers. "I'm supposed to be the one following along, right? Don't just go around messing up this easily."

The three people there turned to look at her.

"Ah, so you came anyway?" Nagito said.

I didn't want this to happen. Why is this happening?

"I mean... I was right in coming, wasn't I? If not, you would've been killed... To be honest, I was watching you all for a while, but it seems like you couldn't handle the situation anymore." She sighed. "So... the plan is failing, isn't it? Fukawa-san and her plan on letting Komaru-san escape... It's also quite the problem if she also plans on killing you."

...Why did it turn out like this? I was so close.

"And what are you going to do?" Genocider Syo asked.

"Well, I'm ready to fight, if you don't mind," K̶a̶t̶s̶u̶m̴i̷ said calmly. "Unless if you get Komaru-san to stay... that is."

Switch... I'm begging you.

Genocider Syo was assuming a fighting stance, as K̶a̶t̶s̶u̶m̴i̷ cocked her head dangerously.

"Though, I have more weapons than just a scalpel..."

Switch...!

"Hey, you can stop that now." Nagito's voice broke through the staredown.

K̶a̶t̶s̶u̶m̴i̷ turned her head. "Huh...?"

"Your act, you know?"

Act...

"Act? What are you talking about?"

"There's no need to hide it at this point, so it's fine! You can let it down. After all, Shingetsu-kun told me something earlier, that you agreed to him doing this."

Well, I guess I expected that.

What is he saying?

"I'm just wondering..." Nagito continued. "How long have you been betraying me for? And... why?"

I see... It's finally happened... Not that I wanted it to...

"Hey," K̶a̶t̶s̶u̶m̴i̷ said. "If this is a joke, it's hardly funny—"

Her eyes shot wide open.

Katsumi blinked a few times.

Nagito looked at her for a few seconds, looking perplexed. "Hm... What happened?"

The second she had switched, she was already hearing things in the back of her mind. She forcefully tried to ignore it.

It doesn't matter now. Of course this wouldn't all resolve perfectly. As long as Komaru-san escapes, nothing else matters at this point.