Exhibition

Yurigaoka Academy is a place where Lilies from around the country gather, study, and train to become humanity's foremost defense against the Huge. Since a lot of our weapon is ineffective against their Magi Protection, the only way we can defend ourselves from their invasion is by relying on these young girls. However, since the number of lilies that can be deployed is extremely small, the country cannot afford to defend the entirety of Japanese archipelago. But, that doesn't mean that they can abandon nearly 60% of japan entire territory as well.

To tackle this problem a compromise has to be made. Due to the lack of resources, Japan gather a lot of its defense forces and concentrate them on several area. These area then will be fortified and supplied with a lot of our defense system including Lilies. These area then will be known as "Garden" officially the place where Lily is trained to become our greatest defender. Unofficially, Garden is a Bait to gather the attention of Huge from other place.

By concentrating Lilies in the Garden, Huge will have to make a decision whether it should have attack other region and risk being destroyed by the Lilies sent from these garden. Or they could just destroy the Garden first. Rendering other region defenseless and easily destroyable. Fortunately for us, it looks like, up until now, most Huge prefer to attack the garden first before attacking other region. Which is exactly what we needed.

This kind of "High-risk High-gain" tactic forces everyone, especially lilies, to be always on high alert in case Huge decide to attack. In order to prepare for Huge's attack that can happen anytime, all Lily in the Garden is divided into three Shift, The Morning shift, Evening Shift, and Night Shift.

I watch the sunrise from the top of the watchtower as I finish my night shift today. Right after the battle with the Mimic Huge yesterday, I went straight to the Director to report of its elimination. Soon after that, we receive report that the Legion that was tasked with the night duty that day has been injured and cannot assume duty as night shift. The Director then asked me to exchange my evening shift three days later with their night shift. Which I accept.

'Finally, it's over...there is no mission today so I should be able to sleep for a whi....oh shit. I have exhibition today.'

The Exhibition is an event by student council that showcased the skill of several of the most skillful Lily in Yurigaoka. Apparently, they do this to inspire the newcomer into working and training harder. Which I doubt will work. Since that doesn't work on me.

'Well, better make preparation then'

Now that you mention it, how will the exhibition this year will be performed? Last year we have mock battles. Oh well, better ask the president first then.

*Grumble grumble*

After I eat.

*Yawn*

And some Caffeine. Cafeteria it is then.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As soon as my shift end, I report to the next shift and make my way towards cafeteria.

The cafeteria in Yurigaoka is very, very fancy. The design, layout, atmosphere, even the utensil is very high-class. Since this place is designed as a Haven for the mostly teenager Lilies I guess that is expected. Even the menu here is very diverse. From eastern food, western food, even some ethnic specialties. Be it for appetizer, main course, or desert. All manner of food can be found and ordered here. Even this early in the morning, a lot of Lilies already gather with their friends and legion to take breakfast the order. Some of them is having a light talk over a cup of tea. Others, is focusing on consuming their food in silence. Some even ordered their food in a container as a bento for lunch. All in all, the cafeteria is filled with a merry chatter this morning.