Wolf's Request

I just finish my night shift when I was greeted with a surprising sight on my way to the cafeteria.

Currently, in front of me, is none other than the Lone Wolf of Yurigaoka Academy. The Second Ace. Shirai Yuyu.

"Can I have your time for a bit?" she asks as her long black hair sway from the wind.

I look around me to see if she's talking to someone else.

"You mean me?" I said pointing to myself.

"Yes. If you don't mind, there is something I would like to ask you."

"Okay?" I answer her unsurely. "Would you like to go to somewhere private?" I ask her again. For that Shirai to asks me for a favor. Something must be happening.

"No, it's okay. You're going to cafeteria right? We can talk there as we take our breakfast. Of course if you don't mind."

"Okay."

None of us speak a word on our way to cafeteria.

Usually, when I went to cafeteria it's always silent followed by some whispering. However, recently such reaction is no longer happening. Probably because the Newcomer already used seeing me here. But now, Now is different. Today, I enter the cafeteria with the famed Lone Wolf.

The people in the cafeteria looked at us with a wide eyes.

I sigh

Well this is as expected. When the top two aces that's usually not interacting with each other come together. It will draws attention.

After we order our breakfast. We seat in one of the open seat on the corner. For a few moment, there is an awkward silence between us.

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

It's awkward

I look at my surrounding. Some seats around us is empty. Looks like other people avoid using seats near us. They must feel the awkwardness in the air and choose to distance themselves. I'm thankful of that actually. However, some of them still send us a curious stare from their own seats.

"So, you have something to ask me?" I said breaking this silence.

Shirai look at me in the eye. "Yes, but first, let me express my gratitude for what you have done in the entrance ceremony." Shirai bow a little from where she sit. "Thank your for saving us on that day. Even though Riri and Kaede-san is not here, I believe that they're thankful for what you have done too."

I smile. "You're Welcome. As long as you're save."

Not long our breakfast come. It's a light breakfast. I ordered coffee (The usual) and some sandwich, while Yuyu asks for some Tea and Pancake.

"You're not calling me here just to say your thanks right?" I ask her. Sipping some of the coffee. Great stuff.

"Yes, there are other things that I'd like to ask you. but first, I joined a legion." She announced.

"Yes, I've heard about it."

"And I become a Schutzengel." She added

Of course I already know that too. When there is someone who is known as Lone Wolf, takes in a Schild and joined a legion, well the news will spread fast.

"I've also heard of that. Congratulation." I congratulate her. "To thinks that you made a Schutzengel pact with another student. It's good to see you beginning to open your heart again, Shirai.