Steel to Replace Flowers

"You are a fool, Yuuji. An idiot. Strong. But still idiot." Complained Mashima as she try to fix my CHARM.

Currently. I'm in Arsenal Division. A facility that is located underground of Yurigaoka Academy. Their job is to study CHARM. How they work, how to build it, creating new technology for it Etc. incidentally, they're also the people that is responsible for maintaining CHARM from Lily Division.

"How did this CHARM damaged so badly? Percival is designed for controlling a huge amount of Magi you know? What did you use it against?" Said Mashima. Her eyebrow furrowed in frustration as she try to fix the broken charm.

"I'm sorry, I went overboard. I use this to redirect A-class Huge Phase Transcendence." I say as I sit in 'Seiza' position and offer her my Apology for god knows how many time. We've been at it for Hours now.

I look toward the clock on the wall. It's 4 o'clock in the morning. We've been like this for at least 5 hour. Today, or maybe yesterday since midnight has passed, yesterday, I come back from a mission to eliminate huge attack near Nagoya. It was a Class-A Huge. Long story short, shit hit the fan, 2 other Huge come in and the situation turn into 3-on-1. In desperation, I use Percival to redirect one of the Huge attack toward another huge. Which succeeded. And break the Percival in the process.

As soon as I arrived on the Academy, I went straight toward the Arsenal Division. But they closes. Seeing no other option, I asked my classmate, Mashima Moyu, who's still awake (Of course she is), to fix it for me. And here we are. With me. Being chewed by a sleep-deprived, irritated, probably hungry, and definitely tired Mashima Moyu.

"Please forgive this Idiot Male Lily for increasing your workload, Moyu-sama." I said as I performed another dogeza. "I will definitely repay your effort twice over."

"You also said that the last time this happen! Your CHARM is different from another CHARM. Which means that it is harder to fix. You should always be careful to not break your CHARM as it is already fragile enough. I TOLD YOU THIS LAST TIME DIDN'T I?" I can see the blood vessel near her eye begin flexing. She is really angry.

"YES MA'AM" I shouted. "I'M SORRY MA'AM."

Percival is part of a series called Carillon. A special charm that is designed to be used without the user's Magi. Instead, they use the enemies' Magi as a source of power. The more Magi the Enemy uses when attacking, the stronger this CHARM will be. In theory, with this CHARM a normal Lily can fight a B-class Huge by herself.

In reality however, this CHARM has several deadly flow. One, this CHARM is hard to control. Since this charm is created by combining several 'Talisman' instead of created from spell-infused steel blade, the CHARM cannot be used to help Lily control their Magi. Instead, to control the Magi a Lily must rely on their own skill. Which is not an easy feat.

Two, this CHARM is fragile. A CHARM blade rely on the Magi. The stronger the Magi the Stronger the blade is. Since this CHARM rely on the Enemies Magi, until that enemy attacks, this blade is just a normal Blade, meaning it can be easily destroyed by Huge attack. To counter this, the user must be able to regulate the flow of Magi that is gained when the enemy attack as soon as said attack connect with the blade. Again, easier said than done.

Finally, this CHARM doesn't have a long-range attack mode. Most CHARM has to mode. Melee mode and Shooting mode. One for Close-quarter combat the other for long-range option. This CHARM however only have its default form. Making it practically inferior than other CHARM.

"This Aragaki Yuuji is reflecting on his foolishness and will work hard to fix his mistakes in the future."

After a couple of more hour. The CHARM has been fixed. And Moyu give my CHARM back to me. "Try this." She said.