Side Story: Ito Shizu's Side 1

The first time I met that person is at my third year at the junior highschool.

My city has been attacked by Huge. My sister and I, which are the only Lily there at the time, is tasked to hold off Huge's attack until reinforcement come. No matter how you look at it, 1 Lily and 1 Lily-in-training is not enough to fend off a Restored attack.

Restored is a Huge that has survive multiple battle and return to nest to be fixed. After it's fixed, its defense and offense capabilities has been increased considerably. Holding off its attack take everything we have.

Using Hit-and-Run tactic. We managed to get the huge to a secluded area where it can't disturb the evacuation process. We hold it for five more minutes. But, our strength rapidly decline. My sister suffer huge damage. But none of them are lethal. Me on the other hand only suffer some minor ones. However I was at my last legs as the Hit-and-Run tactics exhaust my energy.

"Shizu, get out of here. I will hold it off. You go get to somewhere save." Order my sister.

"No, I will not leave you alone Onee-sama. Come on get up." I try to take my sister shoulder but alas, my legs failed me. I don't have enough energy to help her.

"Just leave me, you still have a chance. GO." She insist.

"NO. I WILL NOT LEAVE YOU TO DIE HERE. I CAN STILL HELP." Forcing my body I stand up and try to take my sister body again. My muscle protest but I pay them no heed. If we don't leave now, both of us will die.

Seeing our defenseless state, the He sent one of its Horn flying to us. My sister push my body aside as she roll to the right. Barely dodging its attack.

"Kyaaa...." I yelp.

I fall down the hill and hit my head to the ground. I can feel a warm liquid dripping from my head into my eyes while I have a vertigo. I feel confused, everything looks out of focus as my ears is ringing. I can't see anything, I can't hear anything, and I don't have any energy left to move.

In my confusion I look toward the Huge.

Its rinocerus-like body only stood there menacingly. Three horns is flying by it side as its eyes is focused on us. Its playing with us, it know that it can kill me and my sister anytime it want and decide to 'play' with us for a while.

The Huge's eyes glow for a moment and its movement halted for a second. When they're back to normal. The Huge decided that its done playing with us and send its Horns to finish us off.

Two Horns fly at us at incredible speed. One for my sister, and one for me. At that moment I feel the time begin to slow down.

'Ah...looks like this is it.' I thought somberly. A flash of memories appear on my mind one by one. My birthday party, My sister laugh, My mother's smile, my father warm hands, the time we went to the beach, the time I receive my first Bicycle, all the fun memories begin to appear and disappear on my mind.

I begin to cry. I still don't want to die. I still want to live. I'm afraid.

'Mother, Father, Help Me.'

As the Horns grow closer and closer, I close my eyes as I wait for my inevitable death to come.

But it never come.

Before the Horns reaches us, a huge wave of Magi cut through the horns. Destroying it.

"Both of You, Retreat." Said voice as a black silhouette land between us and the Huge. "Can you move?" he asks us again.

'A boy?' I thought absent mindedly as I try to understand what's going on.

"Aragaki...Yuuji?" Said my sister weakly, looks like her body too already unable to move anymore.