New Hammer And New Friends

Faux Pov

I was on a bullhead on the way to Beacon. Turns out it takes about an hour to get there on these big ones. So I was hanging upside down tinkering with my newest weapon, using thicker metal on the dust chambers. While I was putting the pieces back together one of the gears slipped and launched itself across the bullhead and nailed some blond girl. I immediately dropped down and rushed over to apologise.

Me: Ah! Sorry about that, I was messing with my weapon and it slipped.

Blondie: It's fine, you didn't mean to. But if it happens again i'm punching you through the window.

Me: Ah yeah, won't happen again.

With that sorted I went back to messing with my weapon. I was just about done putting it back together when I realised I had forgotten to get more dust from that store. Oh well, I clipped the last piece into place and put the thing into my backpack. I was kinda tired so I sat down and took a nap.

--about 20 minutes later--

I woke up from general commotion and excitement. I sat up groggily and looked for the source of the noise. I looked out the window and we could see Beacon now. With that I stood, yawning and walked over to the window to get a better look. I was vaguely aware of a girl to my right saying something about knees.

Girl: You're gonna be the bees knees!

Wait... I know that voice...

Girl 2: I just wanna be a normal girl with normal knees!

I turn around and am surprised to see Ruby and that girl I hit with a gear talking to each other. Not entirely sure what to do I decided I should at least say hi.

Me: Hey Ruby! Hey girl I hit with a gear!

Ruby: Fox?

Gear Girl: Oh hey you're the fox guy with the gear.

Me: Yeah, I'm Faux by the way.

Yang: Yang.

Me: Anyways just thought i would say hi, we are about to land by the way.

I left that conversation faster than probably needed. Talking to girls is scary. Ruby is cool though. I notice that we are touching down and sprint to the doors, I want to be the first one off. As the doors opened I was at the front and got trampled. After most of the people were gone a guy in purple held out a hand. I took it gladly, it felt... hard, like it was made of metal.

Me: thanks, my name is Faux by the way.

Ace: Ace. and no problem. You looked like you needed the help.

Me: I guess you were right. We should probably get to the auditorium or... wherever we need to be.

Ace: The commons area.

Me: Really? Where did you get that info?

Ace: The Pamphlet. They handed them out towards the end.

Me: ah, i was asleep... Well, lead the way new friend!

We made our way to the auditorium where there was a speech I spaced out on and then we were led to the ballroom where we were sleeping. I pulled a sleeping bag out of my backpack and immediately fell asleep on top of it.

--The next morning--

I was woken up by some loud girl yelling "It's morning!" over and over again. Rather helpful actually as everyone was awake now. I went to the lockers to get my combat gear, Some steampunk goggles with a sleeveless hoodie and athletic pants. I also put my backpack on and went to the cliff like the intercom lady told me to.

I stood on the metal platform like I was told. I noticed a mechanism on the sides and started examining it. I smiled as I figured out these were launch pads. I pulled my new weapon out of my backpack. A sledgehammer with dust canisters. My main issue was it kept exploding, so I made the dust chambers thicker and added exhaust. I was Grinning my face off as we started launching.

I Selected gravity dust on my hammer which I fondly named "Smashy" because that's what it does. And as I launched I didn't do anything fancy like some of the other people. I simply braced myself and hit the ground really hard with my hammer. The impact activated the mechanism as it fired and I was sent straight up 20 feet. 'Note to self: less gravity dust.' as I dusted myself off from the landing I was face to face with a massive Ursa.

Me: uhhh, Hi?

Ursa: ROAR

Me: ARRRRGH!!!! SEE? I CAN DO IT TOO!

The ursa primed itself for a swipe and I held Smashy up in defence. Turns out that wasn't necessary because its head got blown off. And the source of that was Ace. The absolute madlad!

Me: HEY! New best friend! You saved me!

Ace: Yep, also guess we're partners now.

Me: Huh? Is that how that works? OK! New best friend duo!

I held out my fist for a fist bump and he bumped my fist with a cannon...

Me: Is your arm a cannon?

Ace: Oh, uhhh... yeah both of them are actually.

Me: dope, so what do we do now?

Ace: we go get the relics.

Me: Also dope, where are those?

Ace: follow me.