Ch.02

3 years ago:

" I'd suggest if your son tries not to use his quirk much. His quirk is uniquely powerful, too powerful for his body and most importantly his brain to handle." The doctor has said when Denki had used his quirk beyond his limit for the first time and went totally lune.

"What? What do you mean doctor?" Reiko knew about Denki's dreams to he a hero, the determination in his eyes when he said so, his overwhelmingly huge heart. "Like Father, like son huh" she used to think to herself.

"Miss. Reiko what I mean to say is that, you're son's quirk it just too powerful for him. Along with a lightning quirk, his powers seem to me seriously amped to a level we can't measure. As a result, when he unleashes a bit more power than his body is used to, he can be prone to lose basic cognitive abilities for a while, let's say 10 minutes before his brain can function normal and he regains his cognitive abilities. His quirk not only possess danger to his body, it shocks his brain too. And I'm afraid that might lead to some irreversible damage if not careful enough." The doctor had explained this to Reiko with crystal like clearity. She welled up in tears, she could see her son, her lovely powerful sons dreams crashing down before he even knew it. Kaminari was on the hospital bed, still in a lune state when she ran upto him and hugged him real tight and wept on his shoulders. She couldn't tell this to Denki, no it would break his heart. But this was serious, she had to tell him. Moments like these made her long for Billy's warming presence, his love, his undying support once again.

What no one knew was, even though Kaminari had gone lune he could still hear, understand all he couldn't do in that state was form sentences and respond appropriately. He had heard it all, though he felt miserable on the inside he had a determination within thst that failed to falter even the slightest. He would be a hero, no matter what.

3 years later:

Even though Denki had done all he could to tame his quirk, he was never really able to that. It felt like his quirk had a mind of it's own. No matter how hard he trained, once he crossed his threshold his lightning turned pure white and his brain started to felt dumb.

Irrespective of all that here he was, standing right in front of the U.A. Academy, the most prestigious of all hero schools in Japan and overseas. He heard that U.A. had many branches in Russia, UK, India and the USA as well but Japan's U.A. was the big dawg.

He walked into the place that was packed with new potential recruits. Do I even have a chance with all these people here? He thought to himself as he moved towards the crowd and that's when he eyes wandered and literally got stuck on a girl with the most beautiful purple hair he had ever seen, what seemed like earphone jacks hanged from her ears. She wore all black and by the gods she slayed her look. By the gods she was hot and he knew it.

His eyes were so fixated on admiring her that he didn't even listen to what Pro Hero Present Mic was saying, everybody ran but he didn't. Kyoka Jirou noticed someone looking at her, she turned her head back slightly to see a really handsome guy with blonde hair with a black lightning streak in his hair look at her as if she was the most beautiful woman on the planet, so she blushed. She was a very guarded person and she mentally made the note this boy is gonna be trouble as she ran along with the others as soon as the pro hero had asked them to run.

Denki was pulled of his stupor when Present Mic walked up to him with a knowing smirk on his face and startled him " Ah! I know the look kid. Now if you don't catch up with the rest, you're gonna fail and probably never see her again." Kaminari didn't even bother to properly greet the pro hero as he looked at him in shock and ran as if he was running for his life. " oh young love!" Present Mic said under his breath and walked towards the control room.