Ch.05

Kaminari woke up at the medbay, he looked around himself and the only question in his mind was "how did I get here". He racked his brains for an answer as he got off the bed and walked to Recovery Girl's office. "Oh dear you are up, you really gave everyone a big scare. How are you feeling now?" She said to a very confused Denki. "I'm sorry uhh how did I get here? How long was I out?" Kaminari asked slowly as he sat on a chair and let Recovery Girl examine him once more. "Honey you were out for a good 20 days. You were still breathing so we assumed that maybe you were in coma." Kaminari's confusion just grew to a whole new level "20 days? 20 freaking days? What had happened?" His question earned a very unexpected reaction from the woman in front of him as she asked "Denki do you not remember what happened that night?"

"Uhh.. no! W-what went down?" Now Denki wanted answers, he was out for 20 days with no clue of what even happened. Before Recovery Girl could answer Aizawa sensei stepped in "good to see you awake Denki, if it's okay let's have a word outside. I think you would like some fresh air" Both of them stepped outside, it was breezy and pleasant. "What is the last thing you remember Kaminari?" Aizawa sensei asked. "I-I went off to sleep around 12 and then I woke up at the medbay today and that's all I know. Recovery Girl says I was in a coma, can you tell me what happened?" Denki spoke, Aizawa looked at him with a serious expression as he gave a nod that he understood "there was a thunderstorm, but not like a usuak thunderstorm. It was worse than any thunderstorm ever recorded and all of it was directed straight to you. Kaminari you were siphoning the thunderstorm in your sleep, that of different colours. The entire living facility of U.A. was burned to ashes by the lightning strikes that came down on you. Does that usually happen with your quirk, electricity wasn't it?" Aizawa told Denki and he noticed Kaminari's face turn from confused to abject horror in a mere second. "Is is everyone okay? Please tell me no one was hurt!" Kaminari spoke with literal tears in his eyes, Aizawa softly consoled him and affirmed him that no one was hurt. "It has never happened before but usually during rainy days, I actually feel I can control the thunder and lightning. I could feel it on my fingertips but I could never call lightning down or anything. I just felt more powerful when there was thunder and lightning in the sky, I could never really use it." Aizawa took in the answer, he still looked a bit confused but satisfied with what Kaminari told him. "Okay before you head for class, do you bleed lightning as well?" Aizawa saved the best question for the last and he earned a very shocked expression from Denki, "what? No! How is that even possible. I bleed normal blood?" Kaminari spoke and Aizawa decided not to tell him the truth, he asked recovery girl to give him one last healing kiss and they both took off for the class.

As soon as he changed into better clothes, Denki ran towards his class and what surprised him was that when he started running, everything around him stopped and as soon as he stopped running, everything else started functioning as usual. Weird he thought to himself as he entered the class.