Chapter One - Pain

My name is Izuku Midoriya, and I am not a hero. Everything started with the incident at UA. Those people ruined my life, not to mention my future, and that's why I'll destroy them. At least I have a future now, thanks to Shigaraki. How, you might ask, was I ever accepted into the League of Villains? Well, let me explain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I ran off into the forest as fast as I could. The tears running down my face didn't stop, but my crying somehow did. I let my feet carry me for what seemed like miles and miles... I wish they had. They betrayed me the moment I was knocked down by a force so great that my body went into shock for a brief second. I felt the silhouette holding me by the collar tightly; their knees pressed against my thighs. I didn't bother moving.

"I didn't mean to, goddammit! You have to believe me!" I struggled under his tight grip in absolute silence. I needed to get away. I needed to get away. I needed to get away...

"Answer me already!" He yelled. At this point, the tears had stopped. The pain grew tighter in my chest and I felt like I could explode right on the forest floor. My heart was shattered. I started to mumble.

"No-- no--"

"You think I'll let you off that easily before explaining it to you? I didn't mean to kill her-- I didn't want to. Deku, dammit... you saw what happened!" I felt anger begin to stir deep in my gut and my words came out harshly.

"You're right, Kacchan-- I did. I saw everything. I saw you moving at fifty miles an hour and hitting her so hard that she--"

I choked on my words, unable to speak. I refused to make eye contact, even after he pulled me by the collar once again.  I could feel him glaring straight into my eyes.

I finally spit out the words I'd been holding back for so long.

"You murdered her."

His expression didn't change. He only stared down at me, putting more weight on my legs. Oddly, his tone softened.

" I didn't mean to interfere... Even if I didn't, she'd still be dead. You saw what that guy could do back there..." For the first time, I saw sadness in his eyes. He looked away for only a second, making a movement which I assumed was wiping his eyes.

"I really am sorry for you."

For a second, I forgot about what had happened. I couldn't believe the words that just came out of his mouth. Kacchan... sorry for me? Even though... even though--

When I'd snapped back to the present, I was sobbing. I felt his grip release but could tell he was still on his guard. I looked up at him, my eyes burning uncontrollably.

"Why are you sorry for me?" I wept. "What makes you any different from the Kacchan I knew just a day ago, huh?" There was only silence.

"Huh?" I cried out desperately. "Tell me Kacchan--" I grabbed his hand sharply, "What is it?"

He pulled his hand away and his hair covered his face. It was that moment that I'd decided to run. I got a good start on my feet but Kacchan was faster. We wrestled and pulled on each other until we both were exhausted. In the end, I ran. He called my name... no; screamed my name. I only ignored it and ran off further into the forest, watching my world fade from view.

"Goodbye... Kacchan."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I snapped out of the memory. There was no turning back. I had made my choice, and they made theirs. We lived in different worlds now...