Chapter Seven - Betrayal

As soon as I returned to the League of Villains bar, I received looks as sharp as needles. I resisted my urge to swallow in fear of what they were so upset about. I stood in the doorway, not saying a word. Even through the silence, they were screaming at me.

"What you did was unacceptable," Dabi said. He was leaning against the wall, arms crossed with a look of death on his face. His stitches were more refined when he was angry, even through the darkness.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I lied. Somehow, I kept a straight face. That soon changed when Dabi stopped leaning against the wall and stood up.

"Don't play dumb with me, boy," He seethed. "We all know what you did back there."

"I found someone with a worthy quirk," I shot back, returning his glare. "And I know where he lives. Honestly, I couldn't have brought him here without killing him anyways. I can get him back."

"Why didn't you kill him?" Shigaraki fumed. His voice contained a dangerous rage that made me draw back.

"I almost did, but I--" My voice broke.

"He saved someone on top of it," Dabi added monotonley.

'Wait, how did they know these things? Had they been watching me this whole time?'

"I gave you orders, and you have disobeyed!" Shigaraki denounced; shaking in white-hot rage. "Why I could just--" Dabi quickly stepped in for him.

"Midoriya... you have to follow the rules around here. What's said is done; no questions."
He took menacing steps towards me when he spoke.

"If you don't, the consequences could be fatal..."

By now, he stood no more than a foot away from me. I think this was the first time I really examined him. He had stitches all along his face with nasty, purple burns that spanned down to his chest. Creepy. My heartrate picked up, but I didn't dare move. His turquoise eyes glowed as he looked straight into mine.

Unexpectedly, he threw a quick punch right at my face. In doing so, my head knocked against the door with unimaginable force. A rush of pain ran through my head and hot blood oozed down my nose. Before I had time to react, he pinned my shoulders firmly against the wall. I had no idea what to do in response. His hands began to burn my skin.

"You don't get it, do you?" He growled; his glare still rock-hard. "If you're going to become a real villain, not following orders is a red flag. So, I suggest you shut your mouth and listen."

"I've never killed anyone before, so this was a big step," I retaliated, my voice quavering. The burning intensified after my response, and it hurt like hell. I couldn't help but wince in pain as the burning became too prominent.

"You will do as we say," He demanded; his voice low and vicious.

The blood from my nose had traveled down to my chin, and I started to feel dizzy from the attack to my head. Dabi obviously noticed; giving me a wicked smile.

"Head hurt?" He said smoothly.

I glared at him, clenching my teeth to avoid the insults I wanted to hurl at him. Dabi only laughed at my expression. I glanced behind him to see the League members were perfectly okay with this. No surprise, there.

"So, are we clear?" Dabi asked.

I regretted staying silent for too long. Though his hands released my shoulders, a hard hit to the stomach was enough to leave me on the ground. I staggered onto one knee, thankfully, but felt myself being lifted into the air by a hand. Dabi was now clutching my collar tightly, almost raising me to his height. My feet barely lifted off the ground.

"Got me?" Dabi asked. Just before I was going to answer, Shigaraki gave out a chuckle from the back of the group.

"Let him go, Dabi... I think he gets the drift."

Dabi looked at me with uncertainty before dropping me onto the floor. Like I was nothing.

I stayed there for a minute or two, collecting myself and watching the shoes of the League members walk out of the room. The last one to leave was Toga, but Kurogiri pulled her out of the room.
Before Shigaraki left, though, he said one thing:

"Where do your loyalties lie?"

He didn't wait for an answer. So, I lay on the floor, taking in the pain. I hardly managed to wipe the blood off my face from the burns. Dabi's punches were definitely harder than Kachan's. My head throbbed continuously with every breath and my muscles ached. I hardly mustered the courage to stand with my broken leg. And so, with heavy pain in my heart and body, I limped quietly to my room and closed the door.

The tears started coming before I laid in bed. No sounds came from my mouth. I truly didn't know if I was crying from the physical or emotional pain-- both hurt badly. I dug my face into my now tear-stained pillow, thinking about all that happened. Thinking about what Shigaraki said.

Where do your loyalties lie?

Suddenly, I found myself in a flashback. I was at UA again. Bakugou was leaning on the fence. Ochako's bright smile. Tamaki giving Nejire a heartfelt hug. Kirishima's compassion. Jiro's singing. Class 1A--

I stopped myself there and realized that I wasn't anywhere. My loyalties, wherever they lied; were crumbling apart.