Chapter 2:

4 Years later

Rue pov:

Hey, watch where you going, kid. Some strange man said. After I accidentally bump into him.

Sorry, I said quietly.

I'm walking to the park to see if some of the other kids are there. There is nobody at the park they are probably home or something. I walk over there to the sandbox and start playing in the sand for a while  and I went over to the playground and play for a longtime. I was starting to get tired and decided I had enough playing and that it was time for me to go home and take a nap. Making my way back home I can hear Stan yelling at mommy and glass breaking.

“You lazy bitch. You never do anything all you do is spread your legs. Now tell me who the father is or so help me god I will kill you and that child.” 

“The baby is your’s Stan the condom must have broke when was having sex you had been a little too rough with me lately.” she cried.

(Smack) (Shatter) (thump)

“You are a liar you know I didn’t want kids. Why weren’t you on your birth control?” 

“I ran out. We can’t afford an abortion.”

I came inside the house and sat on the living room couch. They must have heard me come in because they stop arguing. 

“I’m going to the bar.” He said while grabbing his coat and key.  

“We’ll finish this discussion later. Until then clean up the house.” He then left.

Mommy went to the upstairs bathroom to clean herself up I went up there to see what taking her so long and see her sniff that white stuff that Stan told me not to touch.

“Mommy are you okay.” 

 She shook her head. 

“You ruin me, Rue,” 

She had caught my attention when she that.

“I use to had I all money, fame, men bowing down my feet just to get with me, I use to be beautiful, I use to get anything I want and need and you ruin me.”

She pulled out a long white stick and start to light it. She took a puff from it and was staring at me. 

“I didn’t ruin you, mommy, you ruin yourself,” I said to her.

She then looks at me with anger, grabs my arm, takes the white stick out of her mouth, places the burned end, and burns my arm I scream and cry trying to get my arm away from her. 

“Shut up you don’t know anything about my life you’re just a mistake that I made. I should abort you sooner when I found out I was pregnant. It would be made my life easier than taking care of you.” She yelled.

She then proceeds to tell me to shut up and throw me on the ground and beat me I begin to cry and begging her to stop.

“Stop it, mommy. Stop, please.” I begged her.

She then stops.

“I know one thing you better grow up to be something great to make up for all damage you have done to me.”. She said.

Do you hear Rue?

“Yes, Ma’am,” I said.

“Good now get and clean the house.

I got up to go clean the house as mommy told me to while I was cleaning I was thinking about how mommy doesn’t want me anymore and that her life would be easy if she did have me.

So I came with an idea that If I’ll leave mommy can have her easy life back and be happy. I making mommy happy. Makes me happy. I’ll leave tonight and go to sleep at the park inside of the slide I’m got to bring some food, clothes and my blanket. After I finish clean I then began to pack a bag of clothes. I went down to the kitchen to take some food and something to drink. I waited until it was dark outside and went to see if mommy was awake. She was asleep.

“Bye Mommy, I hope I made it easier for you when I leave,” I said.

I kiss her on the cheek while she was asleep and left the room and went to get all my stuff. Went downstairs to walk to the door and open it and walk out closing the door behind me and making my way to the park. It was dark but I know where I was going I finally made it to the park. There was a couple of people there but not that much I make my way into the side and fell asleep.

Wassup ya'll Thank you for being patient. I forgot to tell you that I am a highschool student I'm a senior so I'll probably be busy. But I'll still update and ya'll are free to comment what you think on this chapter if you want.