𝒕𝒘𝒐

"we have to live in the moment."

sam's pov

everyone got back home and i stayed up in my room. i was sitting at my desk when i heard a huge bang. i got up running to where i heard it from downstairs.

"whats going on?"

i heard laughing as i stumbled down the stairs trying to get my eyes adjusted to see them illuminate from the light downstairs.

colby's pov

corey and i were filming a video for my channel. it was "who could eat the most ice-cream." i had no other ideas. sam usually had the best ideas but i didn't ask.
i was even going to film with him but he hasn't been himself so i didn't want to be a burden and make him feel worse, unless i had to. we haven't filmed in months. i guess he just needs time.

we dropped a whole tub of ice-cream making a loud bang. we couldn't stop laughing, i could have peed my pants. i wish sam was the one sitting next to me. someone came stumbling down the stairs in a slight confusion.
"we're in here!" i snorted.
"are you guys okay? what's going on?"
"oh it's sam! we are fine. just filming."
i smiled wide gesturing for him to sit in the room. he shot us a disappointed look.
"is everything okay?"
i spat out trying to stop laughing.
he just stood there. sam wasn't himself anymore. this time it was worse.

"sam.."

he turned around, walking up to his room with teardrops running down his fragile cheeks.
"sam!" i got up following him.
he picked up his pace locking the door when i reached the handle.
"sam. open the door."
"no."
the way he said no tingled my spine and made me cringe. it was heart wrenching.
"sam please? whats wrong."
there was a long pause. no answer. i walked away in defeat going to get the others. i waited a while though.
whenever sam got like that, he liked to be left alone.

i went to get the first person i ran in to. which happened to be devyn. "hey devyn! can u come help me with sam?"
she smiled, "of course."
"sam? open the door please." devyn cooed while she knocked on the door softly. it took a second but we heard the bed squeak and the door opened a crack.
i smiled at devyn thanking her and opened sam's door walking in.

"whats wrong buddy? you have been distant these past few weeks and it has gotten worse. im here, please talk to me."
he sighed, looking into my eyes. his eyes red and tired.
"sam, i know there is something wrong. it isn't just the 'weather' or anyt-"
"colby." he cut me off.
"i'm fine, really. dont worry about me please."
"then why were you crying?"
i tried making a funny concerned face, trying to make him laugh. it didn't work. i wasn't really good at helping.
"i was just frustrated. thinking about filming since we haven't in so long. i wanted to help you out."
"you should have told me!" i laughed, pulling him into a hug.

we talked for hours that night. im glad i said something, i've missed this. we talked about filming together, our plans for the future and anything they we could think if. well, i did anyway.
sam just listened mostly. i always do most of the talking.
now both of us on his bed, beside one another.

sam's pov

colby and i talked all night long. i missed nights like these. he was doing most of the talking though, he was a talker. he went on and on about how much he loved going out and exploring. most importantly, with me.
how much he missed me, which made on the verge of tears.
us now laying on top of each other. his head on my chest.. as a friend way, he didn't want to be together in a relationship way. just best buds. which stung.
\to be continued/

:)