Chapter Five

It's odd how there can be that one person in the world who makes you feel like everything else doesn't matter. You just become so consumed with loving them that, it would be rather incredible if you found a way to stop. And that's what Edward felt like while he twirled Diaspro in his arms. The blonde had out done herself for their second date, everything was perfect. The setting, the music, the weather, and of course his dance partner.

The redhead didn't know what it was, but there was something magical about dancing on a hill overlooking the town. Perhaps it was the fact that this very hill is where he brought Diaspro on their first date. Maybe it was the perfectly cloudy weather allowing him to be out at this time of day. Or maybe it was just Diaspro herself, she had this effect on Edward that always left him smiling. Edward Cullen was falling in love with this girl, and he just hoped she was falling for him just as much.

What the vampire didn't know was that the fairy was already falling in love. She had been for a while, it was something inevitable to stop. Diaspro giggled when Edward had twirled her back into his arms and, rather dramatically, dipped her to the ground. He certainly knew how to sweep a girl off her feet. He could sweep her into his arms whenever he wanted, she wouldn't object. Edward's embrace was a place Diaspro never wanted to leave.

She had never been so happy with someone in her whole life. That shocked her, she genuinely forgot what happiness felt like until Edward had bumped into her life. The music slowed and the vampire gently lifted her back on her feet, and just swayed with her in his arms. Her head on his shoulder, his hand in hers, the other on her waist. It was such a serene moment that seemed truly endless in both their minds. Neither noticed that the music had stopped, they just held each other.

"Edward, how can you be so perfect?" He snorted at the sentence. Edward had never considered himself perfect, not when he was human, and certainly not now. "Everyone has their flaws Lovely, especially me." "Well you're perfect to me." Diaspro didn't know what made Edward dislike himself so terribly. He was gentle, kind, and the most caring man she'd ever known. His flaws were perhaps no bigger than hers, if he truly had any. Here she was a fairy with her lover, suddenly terrified by the idea of him finding out her flaws. Her secrets.

Edward deserved the truth, Diaspro had already gotten to the point where she felt like she would never lie to him. Yet here she was keeping secrets from him. They've only known each other for a matter of weeks, but were already so intimate, already so close. She hated hiding something so important about herself from him. If only she knew Edward had the same fears. He knew she deserved to know that she was falling in love with a monster, a person who has ended lives. He just couldn't prepare himself for the moment he loses her, the moment where she sees him in a new light.

How could two souls be oblivious to the amount of love they already had for each other? Oblivious to how they had the same secrets, the same fears. Oblivious to the fact that they are soulmates.

♡♡♡♡♡

Alice bounced up to Edward as soon as he arrived home. She was eager to learn more about her future sister. "Calm yourself Alice, I haven't proposed just yet." Honestly he just came home from his second date and Alice was already thinking of marriage. "No harm in planning ahead. Now tell me everything." Edward looked hopelessly at Jasper, mentally asking him to save him from Alice. The cowboy in question just smirked and flicked to a different page in his book, like he wasn't listening to the conversation.

The rest of the family must have been hunting, because Edward couldn't hear anyone else apart from the three of them. Alice and Jasper must have just come back from watching Bella's house. The whole situation was still annoying, especially since the Cullens had been watching the Swan residence for days and there was no sign of Victoria. Poor Alice was doing her best but could barely see anything relating to Victoria. It left the whole family on edge, they didn't know when Victoria would strike, or how powerful it would be.