Chapter Six

"If I was still human I would be tired by now." Diaspro grinned and peaked over the canvas at Edward, her muse. She had wanted to paint a portrait of him for a long while, and finally she had the courage to ask him. Edward was happy to oblige, it was a simple request, it wouldn't take long. How wrong he'd been, for he knew for a fact he's been sitting in this window ledge for more than an hour.

"It's hard to paint something that's already a work of art." "Flattery will not save you." Edward playfully growled at the fairy and she giggled at the sound. She liked how natural this felt, neither of them hiding from each other, both being themselves. The couple had spent more time together recently, they felt like giant weights had been lifted from their shoulders. It still surprised Edward if he was honest with himself.

This amazingly beautiful woman didn't care that he was a vampire, a killer. Somehow Diaspro not being horrified told Edward that perhaps he wasn't the monster he paints himself as. Perhaps deep down he is good, he had to be if she still wanted to see him. "How much longer? I feel as though I'm turning into a statue." Diaspro huffed and pouted while putting a few more finishing touches to the painting. When finished, she grinned with triumph and turned it to show Edward.

"Diaspro why am I-" "There's such thing as artistic liberty!" She is right, there is artistic liberty, however that painting is beyond anything Edward had ever seen. It's a truly beautiful work of art, it's just the fact that Edward is more exposed in the painting than he was at birth.

"Now to hang it." "NO!" Edward darted for his lover but he wrapped his arms around air and lost his footing, slipping face first into the floor. He rolled on his back when he heard her giggling above him, and he just froze at how beautiful she looked. She was at the most 10 feet above him, floating gently, her deep red yet see-through wings holding her up as she fluttered over him. This was the first time he'd seen her like this, and it was something so beautiful his mind blanked.

Diaspro looked down when she didn't hear Edward laughing or moving around. He was just staring at her, and at first she didn't know why, soon it sunk in. She'd transformed in front of him. Diaspro slowly lowered herself back to the floor just as Edward began to stand up. The two were face to face, lost in each other yet again. The feeling intensified for Diaspro when sunlight peaking through the window had landed on Edward's face, and he glowed like a gemstone.

The painting slipped from her fingers when she went to touch his face just as he reached out to feel her wings. Both flinched from the contact, yet all the while enjoyed it. If only this moment could last forever; it would be even more beautiful.

♡♡♡♡♡

Now it was night; and the streets were quiet with death. Because night, is when Victoria let's her army feed. Riley watched the newborns feed from the humans unlucky enough to cross their path. Honestly he didn't know why Victoria needed them. He understands her desire for revenge against the Cullens, but surely she was strong enough to at least weaken them. Also raising newborns was a lot of work, he's a teen dad for heavens sake.

Unbeknownst to Riley, they were being watched.

Jane raised her eyebrow watching the newborns feeding brutally on the humans. Not even she was that heartless. Aro won't be pleased to hear about this, however he might find the news about Edward interesting. From what she's seen, he's no longer with Isabella. Hopefully she can deal with both this growing army of newborns and the Swan girl. And Edward's new plaything.

"Should we tell Aro?" Felix was always one to follow things by the book. "Not yet, let's learn more about Edward's lover." At that sentence a rather dramatic smirk bloomed on Demetri's face. He turned around and began strutting away with a sudden wave of confidence. However Jane was not quite in the mood for his bullshit.