Chapter Two

The entirety of Forks high school was in shock. They were frozen in it, it was too much for them to handle. Edward Cullen had finally come back to school. After his notorious heartbreaking break up with Bella Swan, no one expected to see his face. Yet there he was in his first class, bright smile and mood in his presence. For once in the few years he'd been at the school, Edward genuinely seemed joyful.

And it confused everyone, even his siblings. Edward heard their thoughts but paid them no mind, he was too happy to care. He spent his night thinking about his mate, and he was still thinking about her now. Edward was in his own happy place during his classes, and he didn't care to leave it. He didn't care about his fellow students staring, he didn't care about the rumors, he didn't care about anything. Now at lunch with his siblings, Edward was leaning against the table lost in thought.

Diaspro had left him speechless, the thought of her left him speechless. And everyone could see that. But not everyone liked it, and it was obvious. The rumors Edward had ignored reached the ears of the ever so keen Bella. And she didn't like them, she didn't like the idea of Edward with someone else. She worried about him when he didn't come to school, it made her feel guilty for loving Jacob. She was happy with Jacob, happier than she's ever been in Forks. But Bella can't deny what she felt for Edward.

They weren't just happy, they were in love. It was more than just being happy, it was like they were connected to each other. She did still have feelings for Edward but she couldn't act on them. She was happy with Jacob, she cared about Jacob, she loved Jacob. But she used to, and still does, feel that way about Edward. And that's why she didn't like the idea of Edward with another person. She wanted Edward, but she wanted Jacob. It was too confusing for Bella.

Staring at Edward like she used to from across the room, she just felt so confused. Apart from one thing, Bella was certain that whoever Edward was seeing, she hated them. She hated how they could love Edward openly, how they didn't have to hide anything to avoid trouble and rumors. Bella hated whoever Edward was seeing. Yes it was her decision to be with Jacob, and yes it was her decision to leave Edward. But Bella was too selfish to care.

She didn't want Edward to be happy with someone, unless that person was her. Bella finds it funny, how everyone thinks she's the quiet, sweet, awkward girl. In reality she can be very selfish, she's always gotten what she's wanted. She wanted Edward, and she wasn't going to let his new lover steal him away. But she also wanted Jacob. Oh well she thought, she can very well have both. Because Bella can be quite greedy, as well as selfish.

♡♡♡♡♡

Although on her own, the blonde fairy never felt so uplifted. Meeting Edward affected her in ways she didn't think were possible. Diaspro danced around her house decorating, it looked almost as beautiful as she felt. She couldn't remember the last time she was this happy. Was it before she found out about Skylar and Bloom? Of course not. She was unhappy way before them, but that doesn't matter now. Now, she was too overwhelmed with joy to care about anything.

It was odd to her, she had just met Edward but it felt like she'd known him for years. And she didn't mind the feeling, she welcomed it, she enjoyed it. Because for once in a very long while, Diaspro was genuinely happy. Her phone buzzed and her smile widened. It was Edward, they had exchanged numbers the day before. She smiled as she saw the message he sent her. It was just Edward simply expressing his excitement to see her again, she was just as excited.

Edward was just different from the other men in her life. Different from Skylar, different from her other potential husbands, he was just different. And she liked that about him, she liked that it made him unique. It amazed her how she couldn't get him out of her head. All she could think about was Edward, all she thought about last night was Edward. He was stuck in her head and that made her happy. She liked being happy.