Meeting your Soulmate can be an interesting expierience.

Merida's PoV
The sky was a light gray, clouds were covering the sky. The wind blew, rustling Angus' mane and my hair. My curly red hair was already tangled enough, Aye didn't need the wind making it worse. The air smelled sour and earthy, like it did just before a storm. Aye breathed in deeply, sitting on Angus' back at the edge of the castle grounds. Aye ushered him forward into a run, pulling on my cloak hood as the rain began sprinkling down. Aye smiled and felt the wind, feeling free.

The rain started to fall a little harder, but me cloak was made of animal fur and extremely dense fabric. It didn't absorb a lot of water, making it my favorite cloak. Aye pulled out my bow and an arrow, pulling them into place. Aye saw the first target, Aye aimed and fired into the bullseye. The release of the arrow jolted through me as Aye let loose arrow after arrow. Soon all of the trees on me usual path were littered with arrows dunked into the wood.

Aye smiled, "WOO!" Aye called out exhilarated. The sky was gloomy, the opposite of my mood. Aye stopped Angus when we reached a familiar clearing. The grass felt wet underneath my feet as Aye slid off my horse. This was the place that started the whole mess that happened 3 years ago. It turned out okay, and me mum and Aye have a better relationship, but it was a lesson. Aye had learned to be cautious of this area, but Aye wanted to decode this runes. Unfortunately it was written in Old Norse.

Aye had written to the island of Berk, one of our allies. They were sending a viking over, but it would take a few more days at least. Aye was impatient because Aye wanted ta know the truth of the runes on the stones. Then Aye could piece together more of the truth. The wind rustled through the trees, and eerily through the grass. Aye turned, and ran back to Angus, he was all to happy to leave. He galloped thru the glade, passing through the trees. We sped towards the castle grounds, and the rain started to pour. Aye hopped off of Angus and led him into his indoor stables.

Aye ran into the castle as the rain finally started to seep through my cloak. Aye rushed inside, and hung my cloak. Me clothes wasn't wet, an' my hair was only slightly damp. The wind howled outside, and Aye slipped into the throne room. Me mum stood there, with me Da, and a boy stood before them. He looked about my age, taller than me, with dark hair. His eyes were green, and he wore strange armor underneath his heavy cape. A black, dark, and large object sat near him. It was a dragon, which meant this was the viking from Berk. Aye coughed, and walked up to me mum.

"Ar' yu the dragon rider from Berk? The translator?" Aye asked looking skeptically at him, he seemed small for a viking. He nodded "Hiccup Haddock, and you are?" He asked with a raised eyebrow. "Aye'm Merida Dunbroch" aye responded offering my hand. He shook it, making me mum frown, and me Da laugh. Aye smiled, he wasn't going ta be too annoying. "So, what exactly do I need to translate?" He asked, and me mum turned to me. "Some ancient stones" Aye said ignoring her "but Aye'll take yu tomorrow. The weather is getting worse, and the daylights fading."

Hiccup nodded "is there anywhere Toothless and I can stay?" He said gesturing to his dragon. Me Da smiled, "here of course! We have an empty room or two". Hiccup smiled relieved, "Thank you King Fergus". Me Da nodded, and left the room to find other entertainment. Me mum went to check dinner preparations, and have another seat prepared. Aye smiled at him "So, yu were the one crazy enough to come down here?"

He laughed "well, I wanted to get away from the pressures of being chief. My mentor Gobber is in charge. My father passed away just a short while ago. Naturally things have been crazy lately. I'm just ready for the excuse to get away" he said talking comfortably. "Hm" Aye said thinking "Aye guess Aye know how that is in a way. Aye'm the heir to the throne. In about 3 months Aye'll be the queen. " Aye responded with dread in my voice. Aye didn't exactly want to rule, and it just wasn't an easy thing.

He nodded "knowing that all these people's fates rely on your decisions, it's a burden" he looked into the wooden grain of the thrones "yu believe in fate?" Aye asked surprised, I didn't know that vikings believed in it too. Hiccup blushed and ran a hand through his hair "well, I believe in fate" he mumbled embarrassed. "Most vikings just believe in the Norse gods, but I like to believe in other things as well, Fate being one of them". He blushed again and Aye chuckled.

"Yu really arn't a normal viking ar' yu?" Aye asked amused, sitting on the stone floor. He tilted his head, surprised at my action, but sat down as well "no, not really, I'm one of a kind" he ran a hand through his hair again, it was kinda endearing. Aye had changed from my 16 year old self, Aye wasn't completely disgusted by all boys. Aye laughed and he spoke again "But I'm guessing your not a normal Scottish princess" he said, gesturing at my pants. "Aye like the outdoors, skirts get in tha way sometimes" aye confessed shrugging.

He laughed "I guess it's practical. Definitely a fashion statement" the dragon, Toothless joined us on the floor. "Well, Aye wouldn't call it fashin, more like annoyin' me mum" Aye said smirking. "She really hates it" he tried to hold his laugh in "I bet, the look on her face when I shook your hand gave enough evidence" Hiccup said smiling, a twinkle in his eye made me smirk. "So yu did know" aye said laughing. "That you're supposed to kiss a princess' hand? Of course. Like I said, I'm not normal" Aye snickered. "Yu'll fit righ' in"

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

What did you think?
Good?
Bad?
Sub-Par?
Comment!
Please add this to your library! I'll love you forever! I'll get Toothless to give you a kiss, and I won't kill off my characters. (Crosses fingers behind hand)
Hehehehehe
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Merida's accent(I can't spell that)
Aye : I
Yu : you
Righ' : right
Fashin : fashion
Annoyin' : annoying
Tha : the
Arn't : arent
Ar' : are
Da : father
Mum : mother
(Occasionally) Me : my