The Kiss

Quick author note, when I spell out Merida's accent I know it looks funny. I'm just showing what she sounds like, I don't want to be offensive or anything. So I'm going to try just writing regular words when she is thinking, but I'll show her accent when she is talking.
_________________________

Merida's PoV

I looked at Hiccup out of the corner of me eye nervously. I had kept all these pent up feelings inside me, and I didn't know what to do. I was panicking internally, I didn't know what to do. What did he think of me? I usually don't feel very insecure, but around him.

Being myself had always been easy, I didn't care what anyone else thought, not even my mum. However Hiccup made me a little nervous, I wanted him to accept me. I hoped he didn't judge me as being too quick now. But I had waited months to do that, I had started to fall for him in those weeks of waiting to see him again.

I walked along the hard cold floor, pacing nervously. "Ay can't do this" I whispered to myself depressed. I stopped in front of a mirror on my vanity. My mother had insisted on the mirror, to my disgust, but now I was grateful. I stared into the reflection to see how bad I looked.

I groaned and flopped onto my bed "Mum" I whined scowling. My mother just slightly rolled her eyes and regarded me with a disappointed but un surprised smile. I glared before burying my face "yu were nt supposed ta know" I told her, my voice muffled from the pillow.

"Merida" she said with a smile on her lips. "Of course I know about your suitor" she finished, obviously not trying to laugh. "He's not a suitor" My scowl deepened and I glared at her from the bed. She quickly composed herself and simply smiled. But her face fell a little "you'll be queen in a month Merida. " She said with sad eyes.

"Ay know mother" I replied harshly, then I don't winced "Ay don't want ta marry" I clarified quickly. "Ah lass" my mother sighed "I don't want you to marry either".
________________________
Hiccup's PoV
_________

I sat in the cool grass with the wind blowing through the clearing. I watched Merida run around the clearing looking at the runes. Every day we checked the runes for any change. She would recite the ancient poem, nothing would happen, but I would get that terrible image of her dead body stuck in my head again.

Merida had opened up a little more to me, and even though I thought it would be awkward after kissing her, everything was natural. It was easy to spend time with her and just relax. Merida plopped down next to me annoyed. Toothless stopped sniffing Angus and bounded over. He grinned and smiled at me, acting like an enormous dog.

I chuckled and Merida just smiled. I leapt up and ran to my dragon, and then I attempted to tackle Toothless. He sniffed a little, and didn't move a muscle. He knocked me onto the ground and held up a claw. Toothless played delightedly, and he pretended to claw at me. "And the old struggle is back!" I announced with fake bravado. "Viking against dragon!" I finished and Merida laughed.

Toothless grinned a gummy smile. Then he collapsed on me, pinning me to the ground. I fake groaned, "you got me!" I exclaimed and his weight started to make breathing hard. I pushed him off gently, and Toothless rolled away onto his feet. He snorted and fuzzed up his nose. I turned to see Merida snorting, I started laughing. "Don' laugh at me" she said chortling. "You laughed at me first!" I protested

Merida just laughed harder until I took her hands in mine. I looked straight into her eyes, and her expression was unreadable. "Merida" I said trying to be serious "it's only a few weeks until your birthday." I reminded her, trying not to show the pain in my voice. She looked down, all traces of humor gone. I felt a sharp stab of guilt as a tear slipped down her face.

"Ay know Hiccup" she whispered and looked up at me. "Mer" I said quietly, and hugged her to my chest. "You'll be fine--" I started but she cut me off "Ay'm hoping that someone would ask me, someone I could love" she confessed, face still pressed into my shirt.

I was so relieved that she didn't have a plan to marry a specific person. I ran my hand down her hair to comfort her and then put my arm around her waist. My other arm then pulled her chin up, forcing her to face me. She looked at me with some expression that I couldn't read. I leaned down kissed her, trying to show how I felt, and comfort her at the same time.

She allowed the kiss and put her hands on my chest. She kissed me back with full force and I smiled, my feelings being returned. "Thank you" Merida said after pulling away. I grinned but it faded as her face fell. "Was tha' just ta cheer me up" Merida asked looking away from my face.

"Merida of DunBroch" I said to get her attention. "Of course it wasn't just to cheer you up" When she looked at me, I put my hands on her face and I pulled her mouth to mine. I kissed her again, but I poured my emotion into it. when I pulled away again, her face was confused, "yu care?" She asked struggling to grasp the concept. "Yes" I told her exasperatedly, "yes" I repeated.

Merida smiled at me, her eyes bright and excited. She threw her arms around me and held me tight.

___________________
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Ssssssoooooooooooo, what do you think?

Comment below what you think will happen.

Keep those reads up!

I'll update soon, if I get enough comments because I want to hear what you think.

No, I NEED to hear your suggestions.

SO COMMENT. Please