Dinner can be Interesting

Merida's PoV

Aye walked up the stairs, holding in a laugh. Ma feet clicked against tha stone floor. Aye had learned, again, that dinner can be interesting. Then again, with my mother and a boy my age there, Aye'm jus' glad she didn't outright beg him to marry me.

Instead, Hiccup had been grilled by me mum about treaty complications. He had been prepared, luckily, and easily defended the preset terms, saying he wouldn't go against the bargain King Fergus and his father had made. Aye found his way to infuriate me mum hilarious. He was a gentlemen, but treated me like a man, not a princess. It was very entertaining to see me mum's face whenever he shook my hand.

Hiccup walked awkwardly next ta me, as Aye was taking him to his room. Once fully upstairs, Aye burst into laughter, Aye couldn't help myself "tha' was funny". I loved seeing me mum thwarted. Hiccup blushed, "her face was red, I didn't mean to do that!" Aye laughed thrilled, "Aye'm glad yu did". Hiccup winced, looking so apologetic "she hates me, I'm so dead"

Aye chuckled and sighed. "Here yu ar' ". Aye opened a large wooden door, and the dragon, Toothless scampered in, and Hiccup turned to face me. "Thanks" he said smiling at me. Aye nodded still snickering, and Hiccup went into the room shutting the door behind him. Aye went to ma' room and stepped inside. Aye shut me door behind me, and got dressed.

Aye got into ma' bed, and shut off the ligh's. Aye pulled the blankets around me, and put ma' head face first inta ma' pillow. Slowly Aye fell asleep, and ma' eyes grew heavy.

___________________________
Hiccup's PoV

Warily I stepped into the hall. Last night at dinner, I had infuriated Queen Elinor. I blushed just thinking of it, honestly, I was not impressing her. However I was impressing Merida. She must have different views from her mother. She seemed less like a princess, and more like a warrior. I wasn't sure if I liked that about her or not. I liked that she stood up for herself and her feelings. I could already tell that about her.

And she was nice enough to me after her first, initial "puny" viking comment or something like that. Merida was an interesting person to say the least. I walked down the long hall, and down the cold stone steps. Toothless followed me, and we snuck into the kitchens using his excellent nose.

I handed him a fish, and we waited there for Merida. She had told me to meet her here, so I waited. After only a moment, she appeared in an outfit similar to her clothes last night. She wore a long blue cloak, that matched her eyes. Her pants were tan and she wore a gray tunic. I wore my viking style armor and a dark green cloak. Toothless sniffed around the kitchen, and Merida grabbed some sack lunches from a counter top.

Merida tossed me an apple, followed by some cookies. I laughed "Cookies?" She shrugged "better tha' the gruel me mum is servin for breakfest". I laughed, "we better leave then", she nodded, and I chuckled again. We walked out the kitchen door and to the stables where Merida had her horse. The grass was muddy and squishy from the excessive rain during the night.

We reached the stables and I stared in shock. Her steed was a giant thing of a horse. It was the biggest beast I had ever seen, or horse at least. "Wow" I said staring. Toothless inspected the horse sniffing at him suspiciously and Merida laughed at my expression. "Compared to Angus, yur dragon is a wee lamb" she scoffed.

I scoffed, not really convincing myself and Toothless gave her a rotten look, and knocking over Merida's horse's water bucket. I laughed inwardly, but walked over and fixed the bucket. Merida rolled her eyes, hopping on her dragon. I mounted Toothless, "Lead the way Princess" I said curiously. I was excited to see what these runes said.