Part 2

(part 2)
Lunchtime at the cafeteria felt pretty normal until a weird feeling washed over me. It was as if someone was staring at us, or more precisely, me.

I turned around and spotted a guy peeking at us from behind his friend. The friend looked like he was trying to be brave, but the sweat on his face told a different story.

I raised an eyebrow at them, my face cold. The nervous guy licked his lips and hesitantly stepped forward. His friend followed, looking like he'd rather be anywhere else.

Mira noticed too and motioned for them to come closer. "Hey, do you guys need something?" she asked, polite as always.

The guy stammered, "Umm... Anneyonghaseyo Noona! We were told to give you this." He handed Mira a piece of paper, which looked more like a letter. I continued eating, unimpressed by the dramatics. They just stood there, like they didn't know what to do next.

Mira's eyes shifted between them, waiting for something. I gave them a look that clearly said, "Spill it." They didn't need more encouragement – they practically ran away.

Mira read the note aloud, "Will you and your friend like to have dinner with me and my friend tonight? Text me your answer, I'll be waiting :)) ~Noah"

I leaned back, my eyes half-lidded, and sighed, "No."

Mira shot me a pleading look, her cheeks pink. "Come on, Tara. Please? I promise we won't have to talk a lot."

I couldn't resist, "Oh, okay. So, you want me to be your silent bodyguard?"

She ignored my sarcasm, her eyes pleading, "Please, Tara. You're my best friend."

I gave in, "Fine, I'll go."

Later that evening, when I was working on homework, Mira suddenly tossed a piece of cloth at me. I glanced up at her, puzzled. "What's this?"

She grinned, "It's a dress. We need to get ready for dinner."

I raised an eyebrow, "Are we going to a dinner or a ball?"

Mira rolled her eyes, "Just change quickly, okay?"

I smirked, "Sure, sure. Can I wear my sneakers?"

Mira huffed, "No, you can't. Now hurry!"

As I changed, I couldn't help but question, "Hey, it's your crush who invited us, not mine. Why do I need to dress up?"

Mira looked exasperated, "Because it's polite, Tara."

I rolled my eyes, "Ah, the magical word – polite."

Mira glared at me, "Just wear it and be decent for once, please?"

I sighed dramatically, "Okay, okay. I'll put on this dress, but don't expect me to enjoy it."

Mira grinned, "Deal."

I came back wearing a navy blue sweater and blue denims.

'Woah! You look so gorgeous

'Woah! You look so gorgeous.' Mira complimented me and I just rolled my eyes saying,

'You don't have to apply butter, I'm coming with you anyways. btw, you are looking super amazing, Noah's gonna propose you today.' and winked.

I wasn't lying, she really was looking beautiful in that maroon shirt and black skirt,

she giggled at my statement and as the evening arrived, I found myself in a dress I wouldn't usually wear, feeling like a fish out of water

she giggled at my statement and as the evening arrived, I found myself in a dress I wouldn't usually wear, feeling like a fish out of water. But for Mira, I was willing to dive into unfamiliar territory – even if it meant a dinner with her crush.