Part 14

(Tara's POV continued)

After spending the afternoon studying with Dhruv, I felt a newfound sense of appreciation for his presence.

He had managed to break through my usual aloofness, and I found myself looking forward to our tutoring sessions.

As I lay on the hospital bed, lost in my thoughts, the door opened to reveal Mira.

"Hey there, Sleeping Beauty. Did you miss me?" Mira quipped, walking in with a mischievous smile.

I rolled my eyes and smirked. "Oh, terribly. My life was incomplete without your constant chatter."

Mira chuckled and sat down on the chair beside my bed. "You know you love my constant chatter. So, how was your day?"

I sighed, shifting to a more comfortable position. "Well, Professor Dhruv paid me a visit. He brought notes, taught me some stuff. Turns out, he's not as useless as I thought."

Mira laughed. "Oh wow, the sarcasm queen is giving someone credit? This must be a historic moment."

I threw a pillow at her playfully. "Shut up, you. He's actually helping me with schoolwork. And he's not that bad."

Mira's eyes widened in mock shock. "Tara, are you saying something nice about someone? Am I dreaming?"

I smirked. "Keep dreaming, Mira. It's good for your imagination."

Mira playfully stuck her tongue out at me. "Alright, alright. But I'm glad he's helping you out. It's sweet of him."

I nodded in agreement. "Yeah, it is. I didn't expect it, but he genuinely wants to help."

Mira's expression softened. "You know, Tara, you're lucky to have people who care about you."

I shrugged nonchalantly. "Yeah, well, life has its surprises, I guess."

Mira leaned forward. "And speaking of surprises, guess what? Noah and I are officially dating now!"

I raised an eyebrow. "Oh, please. I saw that coming from a mile away. The whole school probably did."

Mira pouted. "Hey, cut me some slack. I was just waiting for the perfect time to tell you."

I chuckled. "I'm happy for you, Mira. Seriously. You deserve happiness."

Mira grinned. "Thanks, Tara. And I know you like Dhruv too, even though you try to hide it."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, yeah. Just don't start with your matchmaking nonsense."

Mira laughed. "No promises. Anyway, enough about me. How are you feeling, really?"

I paused, realizing that Mira always saw through my facade. "Honestly, Mira, I'm scared. Scared of my health, scared of the unknown. But having you around, and now Dhruv and Noah too, makes it a little less terrifying."

Mira's eyes softened. "We're here for you, Tara. Always."

I smiled genuinely. "I know, Mira. And I'm grateful for that."

As we chatted about our day, I couldn't help but feel a sense of comfort in Mira's presence. She was my rock, my confidante, and the one person who truly understood me.

And now, with the addition of Dhruv and Noah in our lives, I felt like I was building a support system that I never knew I needed.

As we laughed and shared stories, I realized that even though my life had taken an unexpected turn, it was turning out to be better than I could have ever imagined.

With my friends by my side, I knew I could face any challenge that came my way.