Chapter 7

It's been three weeks since he came back to the city, three weeks since he started investigating the council, three weeks since he last saw his pack, and three weeks that he's back to being a wolf hiding in a sheep's skin. He hates living in the city because it means he'll be required to meet with other businessmen and tone down his nature in order to interact with the others in a more civil way, and in a boardroom filled with egotistic and boastful businesspeople, acting civil is almost impossible.

"...got into my 101th yacht with the girls and damn they can suck a d*** so good-" Odin tuned out from the conversation as much as his heightened senses could. The meeting was supposed to be about trading services with other companies. At this phase, the participants should have been laying out their offers and choosing which ones they want for their company and discuss the possibilities of an alliance. But as soon as the participants started talking about their offers, it quickly escalated to bragging about their company and wealth until they all ventured off topic. As for Odin, he spent the last two phases restraining himself from throwing a businessperson out of the 234th floor building.

"When will the host be back?" he gritted out to his secretary who is standing beside him as he takes a tense sip from his 31st glass of red wine.

"He should be here any minute now sir, according to his secretary."

Odin grunted in irritation. "How much more fucking minutes do I have to put up with these childish assholes?"

He felt his secretary grimace. "Perhaps longer than you like sir."

Odin growled lowly, startling some businessmen beside him and making them scoot a little bit farther away from him. Odin rolled his eyes and continued sipping on his wine. In the span of a minute, he emptied his 20th or something bottle of wine. His nerves are getting the best of him and it doesn't help that his wolf is crankier than him ever since the last time they saw the hellhound. He's been experiencing some withdrawal issues because mates shouldn't be apart at all for an entire 3 weeks upon meeting for that's when the bond's pull is at its strongest and being near each other makes the bond settle down. But since Odin doesn't have that luxury, he has to suffer through constant migraines from his wolf, the company, and the people around him along with some withdrawal issues and an annoying random feeling of arousal that pops up at untimely times.

"...that's lame. I spent 7 billion dollars on only my earrings. If you don't spend that much at a single product then you're a low ranked businessman. Such lowlife is below me." One of the businesswomen boasted, flashing her "billion" dollar necklace for the rest of the participants to gawk at. It's an iridescent gem that holds a bit of fae magic in it and accentuated with shiny diamonds encrusted in nature-patterned lace. For most eyes, it is beautiful and rare. Only a few humans can get their hands on magical items and the woman who wore it is flashing it in pride while the rest looks on in envy.

"You're so picky, Miss Shien. It's no wonder you haven't found a husband yet." One commented. Perhaps it's Mr. Françoise who owns the biggest fashion industry in the whole world that spoke. Odin's company – Apex Industries – had been in partnership with them for 3 years now and their products are well sought out; giving both companies a lot of profits to gain.

"Who said I was looking? I'm simply waiting for the right man." She said haughtily before looking at Odin in a suggestive way, posing like a princess showing off her perfectly manicured nails and beautifully painted lips.

Odin nearly choked on his spit. "Wine." He demanded his secretary and she hurried off to fetch another bottle. Odin doesn't doubt that by the end of this session, the host – Mr. McLoan – would find his wine collection empty. Oh well...he did say that they are free to take any refreshments they want in the building.