•chapter seven

I trudged home in the rain, shoes squelching. I sighed, knowing I would get a lecture when I return.

Sliding open the door, I prepared for the speech. Instead, I was engulfed in a warm hug.

Kaoru let out a shaky breath. "I'm so glad you're okay." He whispered, pulling away from the embrace.

"You aren't mad... at me?" I asked, looking into my dad's eyes.

"No, of course not. I know how hard today is for you..."

"You remembered?"

"How could I forget?"

Cherry's POV

Three years ago, today... was the day Y/n ran away.

I remember the day so vividly. Finding her shivering in the cold, cuts scattered on her body. Hearing her painful cries echo through my ears.

I smiled at the girl in front of me. "It was a difficult day, but... I wouldn't of changed it, for the world."

"I'm going to my room. I love you, dad."

"I love you, too, cupcake."

Y/n's POV

I stepped into my room, looking for a certain object. Then I saw it, placed neatly in the corner.

My guitar...

It was rare, me playing the guitar. But I loved to play when I was upset, so now's a good chance. Even with my cast, I knew I could still play well.

I picked up the instrument, hooking the strap over my shoulder. I sat down on the edge of my bed and plucked at the strings, a horrible sound erupting.

Of course, I haven't played in weeks. It needs to be tuned.

A few minutes later, the guitar sounded lovely. Gracing the strings once again, I began to play and sing Your Sister was Right by Wilbur Soot.

I thought I couldn't love anymore
Turns out I can't, but not for the same reasons as before
I use everyone I ever meet
I can't find the perfect match.
Abuse those I love.
While I ostracize the ones who love me
Back
On the path of least resistance, I find myself salting the Earth
Every time that I miss you
I feel the way you hurt
And I don't deserve you
You deserve the world
Though it feels like we were built
From the same dirt
I hate to say it
But your sister was right
Don't trust English boys
With far too much free time
And I hate to say it
But your sister was right
I'm nothing but a problem
Leave you crying overnight
And I hate to say it
But your sister was right
I can't focus on the future only my short sight
I hate to say it
But your sister was right
I'm a wanker
Complete wanker
A fucking waste of time

I strummed the last chord, letting the guitar rest on my lap.

But little did I know, Miya had been listening the whole time, after wanting to check if I'd returned home safely.

I heard a knock on the door, I called out for them to come in, thinking it was Kaoru.

My eyes met with his emerald ones. "I didn't know you could play the guitar, or sing." He said, while I avoided eye contact.

I nodded, still not looking up from my lap. I heard his footsteps getting closer to me, he lifted my chin up gently, forcing me to look at him.

"Are you okay? Cherry told me why you were so unhappy today." He sighed, taking his hand from my face while also breaking the starring contest. "Why didn't you tell me?" Tears brimming his eyes.