INTRODUCTION!

LUCAS AND Sammi used to be friends

LUCAS AND Sammi used to be friends. Best friends even. They were as close as Alexa and Katie are, maybe even closer. Things changed one day when they were freshmen in high school. 

It was the day before picture day. Sammi was playing basketball with Lucas at the basketball court that's by the school. Lucas' crush at the time happened to walk by and that's where his attention went to. He didn't realize he accidentally threw the basketball directly at her face until he heard her let out a yell of pain. Sammi thought he hit her on purpose, but it was a total accident. He would've never hit her on purpose. Because of what he did she had to take a picture with a broken nose.

Sure, they're still friends now expect they aren't near as close as they were a few years ago. They're more frenemies than anything else. But they are always there for each other whether they want to admit it or not. They say they hate each other, but everyone else knows that they just say that to cover up the fact they are in love with each other. 

They don't admit their romantic feelings for each other until something happens. She was supposed to go out with this boy she had been crushing on and he was one of the most popular boys at the college she's going to. They had talked many times and got along greatly. He asks her out on a date and it turns out they both are from the same town so they decide for their date to be at one of the local restaurants. Sammi got all dressed up for this date and the stupid boy didn't even show. Just when she was about to leave after waiting for an hour for him to show up she sees Lucas walk in and over to her. 

After that night things became different with Lucas and Sammi. And perhaps it was a good different.

or...

they've been frenemies ever since something happened between them in middle school, but feelings are admitted when she gets stood up.