CHAPTER THREE

Music was something Sammi and Lucas had in common. It was something they both could agree on that was good. Although they do sometimes argue which one has better music taste but it's all in good fun. Lucas for sure has the more musical talent than Sammi, well, in Sammi's opinion.

Sammi doesn't think she has that good of a singing voice and Lucas thought otherwise. Sammi actually does have a good singing voice, she's just insecure about it, and only sings with people she's close with. Not only does she have a good singing voice, but she is great with an acoustic guitar and songwriting. In her free time and when she's alone in her room she often plays her guitar and tries to write some songs in her journal she doesn't let anyone touch.

"I'm back!" Dave exclaimed, closing the door behind him as he walked inside.

"Hi." Lori greeted him from her place in the kitchen.

"I couldn't wait to get back home and work on the gazebo." Dave smiled, setting his jacket on the couch. Lori sent him a look of offense.

Sitting at the kitchen table across from Lucas, Sammi raises her eyebrows at him. "And to see your loved ones?"

Dave stops walking towards the door to outside and turns to face her, pointing at her in a sign of agreement. "Yeah, that too." He went over to Lori, wrapping his arm around her shoulders and kissed her cheek.

Lori smiles. "Oh, we both do class-up the place."

While Lori and Dave talk about how proud they are of their son for studying, Sammi put the earphone she had out back in since she only had one earphone in. She continued to listen to one of her Spotify playlists that were full of songs from the 'High School Musical' series. The 'High School Musical' series were one of her favorite Disney movies of all time. She would have to say that the second or third one was her favorite of the three movies.

She watched all three movies more than once and had even forced Lucas to join her on watching them. He said he didn't like the series and said he thought they were kids movies. (he just said that because he didn't want to made fun of for liking the series) When he thought she wasn't looking she noticed him humming along to some of the songs which made her smile. She knew he secretly liked the 'High School Musical' movies.

Sammi brought her attention away from the journal she was writing in (she was actually working on a new song she named 'Watch Me' since she had finished her homework for that week) when she saw pencils in front of her. She stops writing, glancing at Lucas with an annoyed expression to see he was still drumming with two pencils, headbanging, and looked like he was humming. He also had his eyes closed. In Sammi's opinion, he looked ridiculous.

He had been drumming with his eyes closed for the past hour. She got used to it, but when she thought he might stop he kept going. That had annoyed her so she put in earphones and listened to music to tune him out. Part of her wondered if he was only doing that to annoy her. Unbeknownst to her that was part of the reason he was doing what he's doing. He still found it a bit amusing when he annoyed her.

Sammi turned down her music when she saw Dave take a seat beside her left side, looking at Lucas with mild concern and glanced at her journal, drawing random shapes on the side of the paper in her journal she was writing on while taking sneaky glances at the parents and son. She wanted to listen in, but she didn't want it to be obvious she was listening in on their conversation.

"How's it going?" Dave questioned.

"Good." Lucas replied, continuing to use his pencils as drum sticks with his eyes closed and even continued headbanging.

Lori squints her eyes at him, leaning forward a bit. "Is it, though?"

Lucas nods. "Oh, yeah."

Having enough of his drumming, Lori reaches over to put her hands on top of his and stops him. He looks at her and she tilts her head to the side. "Is it?"