"The city looks so pretty...

..would you like to burn it with me?"

Based off the song 'City' by Hollywood Undead.
Purge Aftermath
:TW: Blood, gore scenes, and talks
of death:

[Axls POV]

  And its hard to face the facts
When the darkness fades to black. I never thought the world around me would be this empty. The weak dead or missing. The strong being satisfied they hurt so many. Then the wealthy who where long gone when they gave us the yellow warning. The yellow warning happenend one hour before the purge starts. Rumors say it started from a government take over, some say it was the government itself. This Is why I don't listen to the damn government, they make stupid decisions now there's thousands of innocent people dead.

Luckily it was only about 12 states around this area but still thats a lot when it comes to things like these.  I sat off the side of a broken balcony watching people around. People being detained by the government that still wanted to be violent. Pets wondering the streets hoping their owners will come home.  I got up and walked into what use to be a hotel room. "Damn even took the lightbulbs." I walked out into the hallway and walked through the hallway of broken furniture and glass.

I heard movement from the room I was standing by. The door was open so I invited myself in. "Hello?" No answer. "I know someones in hear, I cause no harm." Someone stood up from being huddled in a corner. I looked at them, examining them. Knife wounds and a few bruises. Nothing you're gonna loose a limb over. "Hey I got some stuff to patch you up, would you like my help?" They nodded and held their arms out. I set my backpack down and found the wound cleaner and bandages. I asked them a few questions while I patched them up to keep their mind of things.

I poured wound cleaner on the cut. "What's your name love?" " {Insert name}, what about yours?" "My names Axl." They nodded and smiled at their bandaged up arm. "Thanks." "No problem, i've been out here helping people. This whole purge thing was stupid. Innocent middle class and poor people shouldn't have to die while the rich are probably out on their big boats with thousand dollar whine. They're killing by the millions and billions of people die. For a lost cause" I said putting my stuff away in my bag. "Well it was nice meeting ya, I'll probably see you around."

  They grabbed my arm before I could walk away. "Please don't leave me, i've been alone this whole time." "Alright come with me." They seem like a cool person I'm bot gonna leave them alone if they don't want too. Besides they're wearing a Aerosmith shirt, I don't think they could be to bad to journey with.
As we made it though the hotel I helped them down the stairs that where half broken. Once we got to the bottom there was a group of people talking. " Red vests, there part of the government." We walked past them causing no threat and they let us go without asking questions.

Once we got out to the main road I was starting to see more damage from the ground. Crews still cleaning up bodies and big trucks already starting to pick up the streets. I saw a body on a stretcher with its head bashed in. I covered my new friends eyes as the paramedics walked by. "Axl i've seen a lot I'm fine." I took my hand away. "Whatever you say." We walked into the mostly raided store. I picked up a backpack and handed it behind me. "You're on duty for food and water." They nodded and followed me to the food aisle. "Alright what can we actually eat here. Bread, so me off brand coke, chips, granola bars, and apple juice. You think you can carry all this?" They nodded so I moves things around in the bag and zipped it up.

We walked out of the store and down the street. "I heard there's a few hotels and apartments that didn't get touched. Maybe we can stay at one of them." "Oh yeah I heard about that they're over in the west part of the city. If we start now we could make it by..." They stopped talking. I looked behind me and they where crouched down by a puppy. "Axl we have to save it, it's just a puppy." "A dog will slow out journey down." "Come one I promise it won't. It's just a baby." I sighed "fine but I'm not taking care of it." They smiled and picked the puppy up, placing it in the warmth of their jacket.  "I think we should name him buddy." "Thats such a boring dog name, what about cheese." "Why would I name a dog cheese?!" "Because why not."

I stopped for a second. "Stop." They stopped and stood behind me. "Whats up." "Those are police radios, I heard half of the force where large parts of the kill rate." I pushed them into the closest building. "Shh." I said slowly and swiftly going up the stairs. I stood still for another second. The police radios echoed past the walls. "I say we burn down the unfixable buildings. Start telling people to grab their children and look out for burning buildings."  "Love." I run up the stairs to them. I whispered getting close to them. "Change of plan. Their gonna start destroying the city, we need to leave." They nodded. "If we get to the room their should be a fire escape."

We ran the rest of the stairs and to the roof. We got on to the roof and just stood there. Both if us still kinda in shock. "As in life as in death. Breathing till there is no breath. I will not die in the night but in the light. Of the sun and the ashes. Of this world in my lungs."  I looked at them before sitting on the edge of the building. "Let's watch this city burn
From the sky over top the world. Till there's nothing. left in her. Let's watch the city burn the world. The city looks so pretty, would you like to burn it with me?" They laid their head on my shoulder. "Let's whatch the city burn the world."

[1077 words]

Story two done!
If you couldn't tell I used some song lyrics from the song and they're in the different font.
I really like how this chapter turned out which is rare for me to like something I write.
How do you guys like this more adventure writing style? I love to write horror and adventure, along with reading it.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Chapter question
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
Have you guys ever seen a purge movie? I recently saw the 'the forever purge'. Would 10/10 recommend if you okay with death and gore.