Room Of Requirement

Chapter 7

TW- there is talk about physical harm

I entered the room and I didn't realise it till a few moments later that it was the:
'room of requirement';

In the room, it had a large grand piano in one corner and two antique leather sofa's and a blazing fireplace on the back wall, I was astonished by the room. I suspected that the room changed to however the person wanted it to look like.

The floor was tiled black but with hints of gold from what I could see, there was a large scarlet rug covering most of the room, there wear leather armchairs dotted around the room and in the opposite corner to the grand piano, there was a record player on top of a cabinet filled with records and vinyls.

Some songs I've never heard before and others I hear all the time in the common room.

I knew that the
'room of requirement' would only show up to a person in need of a safe place and I'm guessing that it thought I need somewhere to go to relax.. which I did otherwise I would have gotten myself detention.

                          ~time skip~

It was now October the 14th to be exact, Mary and Marlene were planning the Halloween party even though it's weeks away, but didn't know where to throw it, I had been going back to the 'room of requirement' about 3 times a week to get away from everyone and just relax and think, sometimes it's hard trying to figure your own thoughts out when you have lily moaning at you in one ear and James pleading for your help in the other.

I hadn't played the piano since I was about 8 because my mother had to get rid of the piano we had but now I could finally play again whenever I went back. I loved to play it helped me keep my mind at peace and it helped me think,

Quite often my friends would come up to me asking where I had been because they were looking for me, I just said 'I was walking around the black lake' or 'I took a stroll through the forest'

It was now the day where Gryffindor was against Hufflepuff, the Gryffindor's hadn't lost a game yet but if we win against Hufflepuff we will go against Slytherin and everyone knew they played dirty.

"Alina? Alina, are u listening?"

"Huh.? Oh sorry what were u saying"

I was in my own little world.. again. I forgot that James was telling me the game plan for Gryffindor so we could win.

"I was telling you about the game plan.. are you okay" James pleaded worried about me because I keep zoning out and disappearing for hours a day.

"Yeah I'm fine why wouldn't I be?"

"I don't know, you just seem distant.."

It's true.. I have been distant recently but that wasn't because I wasn't okay it was because I kept getting lost in thoughts and well like I said I doze off in my own little world quite often.

"Oh well I don't mean to be.. anyway tell me the plan again"

While James was telling me the game plan Sirius joined us, James was captain of the quidditch team he was the lead chaser Sirius was a beater with Marlene while I was the team's seeker,

The game was tomorrow so James made us practice twice as hard as normal, after practising me and Marlene went straight to our dorm and crashed

We were exhausted and all we wanted was sleep but then Mary happened,

"Oh my, Godric!" Mary practically screamed while rushed into the dorm,

"What noww! Mary, we're tired we need sleep" Marlene was drained and was not in the mood to listen to Mary ramble on about whatever it was