sick on set

I woke up this morning feeling kinda sick. The second I stood up from my bed it's like  everything was spinning. I could also feel a headache coming and i just knew today was not gonna be fun. But i have to be on set at 8am and i can't take a day off, not when so many people depend on me.

I wasn't hungry when i made my way to the kitchen so i just took a snack and made my way back to my room to get ready. I don't really care about what i put on cause i'll have to wear my character's outfit for most of the day anyway. I play Lucy in the netflix show Outer banks. She's rafe cameron's love interest for season 3.

As soon as i enter my car the headache i thought was gone came back. I took some medicine before leaving so now i just gotta wait for it to kick in.

When i arrive on set the sun is already bright in the sky and i have to look away from it cause i feel my head spinning. Making my way to my trailer i see Drew, my costar and on-screen lover, waiting at the door.

We've become close friends during the filming of this season. Even thought i'm new to the cast everyone has become my family so quickly. But i can't lie about the fact that i might have a slight crush on Drew. But who wouldn't tho? He's always so nice to me and so funny and affectionate.

I'm not gonna do anything about this silly crush tho. He definitely does not feel the same and honestly that's just the story of my life at this point. Me liking a guy and not making any move and them never liking me back. I'm not sad about it anymore it's just the way it's always been. Also i don't wanna take the risk to ruin this friendship by making it awkward.

"Hey good morning y/n" he tells me with his cute smile and goes in for a hug.

"Hey" i answer pulling away trying my best to make my smile look real. I go to open the door for us but he grabs my hand softly making me turn around.

"You're okay? You don't look so good" he asks me, his face full of concern. Ughh of course he would see right through me... he always does.

"Jeez thank you" i try to joke but his expression is quick to make me understand he's serious.

"I'm fine honestly i just couldn't sleep last night so i'm a bit tired" i tell him making sure to leave out the part about the dizziness and the awful headache cause i don't want people stressing over me for nothing.

He seems to hesitate a little but then nods and gestures for me to open my trailer. As soon as we get in he plops himself on the small sofa.

"You know you have your own trailer right? And the same sofa!" i say smiling so he knows i'm not actually mad.

"Yeah but you're not in my trailer so there's no fun" he says with his eyes closed almost falling asleep. I'm glad he can't see me right now cause i'm sure im blushing like crazy.

"Aww you like being around me? that's cute." i say faking some confidence and he opens his eyes to roll them at me.

We stay in a comfortable silence for about 5 minutes when someone knocks at my door.

"Come in" i yell and the person opens the door. Sophie, the production assistant, comes in not paying attention to drew laying on the sofa cause she's already used to it.

"Hey y/n! You need to go get ready cause they're gonna need you soon for the  scene with madelyn" she tells me and i internally groan already feeling the headache getting worse as the day goes by.

"Yeah sure let's go! Drew you need to go to your own trailer now" i say turning to him.

He groans but eventually gets up and leaves the trailer with me and Sophie. As we make our way to the dressing room i can still hear Drew walking behind me so i turn around.