his plus one

Drew has been invited to an award ceremony and he has decided to make me his plus one. After arguing with him that maybe he meant to choose someone else and him reassuring me that it'd make him happy if i was there, i said yes.

We're not dating but we're also not not? Like we're both very flirty with each other and we like it. But to everyone else we describe our relationship as best friends.

"What should i wear?" i ask drew, pacing around my closet for the perfect dress.

"y/n stop stressing out you have like twenty amazing dresses in there" he says, sitting on my bed.

I glare at him through the open door and go back to looking.

I try on a few options but keep feeling like none looks good enough to wear by drew's side.

I get easily overwhelmed and when i look around at the mess i made on the floor with all the articles of clothing, i get sensory issues and leave the room.

I quickly walk to my bed and jump in face first.

"hey, hey what's up?" drew asks, turning to face me. Gently placing his hand on my back.

"i think you can still get your brother to go with you if you call him now" i sigh.

"y/n stop it. We already talked about this" he moved higher on the bed and placed his back against the headboard.

When i look up at me he taps on his thigh as a sign for me to lay there.

So i do just that and place my head on his lap. His fingers immediately find my hair and i relax a bit at the touch.

"would it be easier if i picked a dress for you?" he asks, knowing that i always prefer when someone else takes the decisions for me.

i look up at his face and his eyes soften at my teary eyes.

"i would like that, yes" i admit and he nods, a reassuring smile drawing on his face.

i stand on my hands to move away and he quickly gets out of the bed.

i watch as he enters the closet, hear a few shuffles before he comes out proudly with a dark blue dress.

his favorite.

"of course you'd pick this one" i grin as i meet him halfway.

"you look phenomenal in this" he says, placing a strand of hair behind my ear.

Our eyes lock for a few beats then his fall to my lips.

the stress of tonight is already too much so i force myself to break the moment before it can go further.

"well that's a deal! I should get ready now" i say quickly taking the dress from his hands.

"right" he says like he just got send back to reality "yeah um i'll be in my room getting ready too. if you need anything text me!"

"what if i need you" i can't help but flirt, a shade of pink creeping up his cheeks.

"then just come knock at the door" he smirks before leaving.

i finish up my makeup before walking over to the mirror to check myself out.

"i look so hot" i say to myself, turning around a little to check the back.

just on cue i get a text from drew.

drew: we're leaving in 10 minutes you're ready?

to which i type back

me: yup i'm coming down now

i grab my favorite perfume, put it on before throwing it in my purse in case i needed to smell good again.