nightmare

i make my way through the badly lighted hallway. It feels like the walls are closing on my every steps i take.

I squint my eyes a little to see a door at the end of the corridor.

Once i place my hand on the doorknob everything turns black behind me. I scurry to open the door and enter the unknown room.

I turn on the lights and gasp as i find myself in a perfect replica of my ex's appartement. I press my eyes shut thinking i could get out of there. This place holds way too many bad memories.

Suddenly i hear the tv turn on making me open my eyes.

And that's when i see him. Sitting on the couch, his feet on the living room table.

"i knew you'd come back. Can't stay away from me for too long huh?" he says with a slight smirk on his lips as he turns his body to face me.

"this isn't real" i say more to myself

"oh really?" he says as he starts getting up and making his way to me

"you're not real asshole!" i say as I back up and his brow furrow.

"Didn't i once tell you that you were just an ungrateful bitch who can never understand when to shut the fuck up?!" he says almost yelling

"get away!" i yell as he keeps getting closer

"you don't deserve happiness. You're just a failure and all you'll ever be is alone. You'll live alone and one day you'll die alone remembering how fucking considerate i have been to even look at you." he spits those words at my face and i feel the tears stream down my face.

"STOP!" i yell but nothing works.

As i keep backing up, the place around me shifts to bring us at the edge of a hill.

I look down only to see the darkness. And when i look back at the man in front of me, he smirks.

"everyone pities you. they stay around cause they feel bad for your stupid self." he finishes his sentence by pushing me harshly.

"NOOOOOO" i yell as i fall off the edge.

I scream as i wake up abruptly from my nightmare.

I'm a sobbing mess and i'm having difficulty to breathe. I hopelessly look around and cry even more as i remember Drew didn't sleep over tonight.

All those hurtful words he said in the nightmare were just those he once actually told me the last time i saw him. It was 3 years ago and it still haunts me once in awhile.

But right now all i can think about is how much i need my boyfriend's reassurance. So i try to reach for my phone on the nightstand, struggling as my vision is still blurry from the tears.

I'm still shaken up from the events and i can barely control my cries but i still press call.

As the the phone rings i start to feel bad cause it's the middle of the night and he's probably asleep.

I go to hang up but he beats me and answers.

"y/n??"i hear him say with a raspy voice, confirming that i just woke him up. "baby what's wrong?" he asks clearly worried.

"i- i.." i say trying to calm my breathing.

"hey hey are you okay? where are you?" he asks and i hear some shuffling as i assume he's getting out of his bed.