Chapter 1

How?.............. How did this happen? ....................Why?

A boy with red hair and hanafuda earrings with a checkered haori named Tanjiro asked himself as he carried his Sister Nezuko on his back as he walked through the snow with lots of effort.

"Nezuko don't die........ don't die on me" Tanjiro begged as he dragged his seem to be almost dead sister through the snow storm "I won't let you die, ..... I swear your big brother will save you!".

24 hours earlier

"Tanjiro?" A woman called him as he was grabbing the basked of charcoal ready to head to town, "Your face is covered in soot, Come over here"

He walked to the woman who was his mother worrying about him going into town with this much snow

"It's dangerous with all this snow. You don't have to go, you know." The mother said worried about her eldest son

"Well I want everyone to eat their fill on New Year's, so I'm gonna sell as much charcoal as I can." Tanjiro says with a soft smile

"Thank You, and if it gets late just stay at someone else's house for tonight alright?" his mother said

Then 2 other children came who had black hair and the same red eyes as Tanjiro, The girl was wearing a peach kimono, a brown obi and a pink jacket over it and the boy was wearing a light checkered green haori similar to Tanjiro's.

Oni-chan, You're going to town again today right?" The little boy asked

"Let me go with you." The girl said, "Me too." The boy also said.

Their mother stood up and said "You can't, You know you can't walk as fast as your brother, and since he can't use the cart today he can't carry you back, you also can't use the breathing technique like him."

"But I wanna go with you, I promise I'll help." The girl whined.

Tanjiro then gently pat her head,"Hanoko, thank you." Hanoko then smiled widely, "But you're staying home today." The smile instantly turned to a scowl.

Tanjiro then went towards his brother Shigeru and he knelt down and put his hands on his shoulders, " You too Shigeru, But I promise to get you treats ok."

"Really?" Shigeru asked with a smile

"Yes" Tanjiro confirmed ,"And Hanoko, I promise to read you a story when I get back."

"Really?" Hanoko asked in glee

(Basically bribing his siblings =p, Don't lie you've done this before if you have little siblings.) 

"Really," Tanjiro confirmed and noticed his brother Takeo who had spiked hair and red eyes with an axe to chop wood.

Tanjiro then turned towards Takeo and said," Takeo, Will you chop as much wood as possible?, It doesn't matter if it's not much."

"Sure I'll do it but I was hoping to do it with you" Takeo said as he pouted but then was flustered when his brother pat his head like a dog.

"Oi come on stop!" Takeo shouted

"Take-nii is blushing." Hanoko pointed out

"I am not!" Takeo said in retaliation as everyone laughed

"Thank you again Tanjiro" His mother said again

"No problem mom, I'll be going now" Tanjiro responded

"Stay safe ok Oni chan" Hanoko said

Everyone in front of the house waved their goodbye and as he went towards the town he ran into his sister Nezuko holding his youngest brother Rokuta