Chapter 7: Tsuyuri Kanao

47 years ago........

The Demon tried to attack but the man was to skilled leaving him with no choice but to flee, he kept running and running so that he can at least escape this man. He was dangerous, when he ran and finally thought he finally escaped, the man came from a roof behind him and all he remembered was a slash to his chest before blacking out.

Present Time...

Tanjiro went in closer and closer and as he went at a right distance the Demon saw a vision of Urokodaki from the child wearing the fox mask.

"Urokodaki..."

And in a moment his neck was slashed with bright orange flames, as the head fell to the ground it caught a glimpse of Tanjiro and when it stopped rolling on the ground it saw its own body as it disintegrated into ash.

"Dammit! Dammit! Dammit!" He cursed," My body's crumbling and turning to ash, I can't stop it!"

Tanjiro then walked between the decapitated head and the crumbling body as he sheathed his sword back in.

"Dammit," He cursed again," To think the face of a Demon Slayer will be the last thing I'll ever see... I bet he's going to have a smirk on his face, I bet he's going to feel proud of this!"

Tanjiro then turned around and placed his mask back to the side of his head, he didn't have a face of pleasure, nor was it a face of accomplishment, it was the face of....pity.

As the Demon looked at the expression on Tanjiro's face he asked himself," How did it even come to this?"

"Nii-chan... I'm scared, I'm all alone" A boy in the dark said." Nii-chan, where are you? I want you to hold my hand... Like you always do"

"Why?"

"Why on earth did I bite you to death? Nii-chan..."

The child said as he covered his face crying, but then...

"Huh?"

"Wait, who is this Nii-chan person?" It said looking up now with crossed pupils and veins popping out from it's forehead.

-----------------------------------------------

Tanjiro walked over to the crumbling body still with the face of pity on his face." What a sad scent..." He said as he grabbed the Demon's arm that was standing up. And with feeling the young boy's hand the Demon shed tears as it's face was turned to nothing but ash.

"God....Please" Tanjiro prayed holding the Demon's hand," The next time this man is reborn, please make sure he doesn't become a demon."

-----------------------------------------------------

The Demon then looked behind him as light was emitting from that direction and he walked up to the light and saw his brother.

" Nii-chan! Nii-chan!" The Demon called out as it slowly turns human with the surroundings changing as well," Hold my hand, will you?"

As the 2 brothers walked to their house the older brother teased the younger one.

"You're hopeless you know, Still such a scaredy cat" He said patting his little brother's forehead as they walked home...

-----------------------------------------------

Soon enough the hand Tanjiro was holding turned to ash and dusted away, he then looked up to find the disciples of Urokodaki that were lost to this demon, one of them looking a lot like Makomo.